Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet

Default Internet

We recently bought a house. When checking on it we were told internet was through Att and there is an Att box on the back of the house. However once we bought the house we find out that Att only has a dial tone here and no internet, spectrum who is all around us will not make the turn and come here, exede can't get us service because there is already too many people in the area in it and Hughes net has lost their mind on their price. How can I get decent unlimited internet? My wife is a teacher and is why we asked before we bought the house. Need help fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verizon JetPack.

Does AT&T not offer DSL through their phone line?

Att Hot spot is how we roll. fuk verizon
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Agree with the hot spot. Which carrier is completely dependent on who has better service at your house. Verizon is usually great around here but at my house it sucks so we went with ATT. We stream Netflix and Amazon Prime all the time with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Wolfman, send me the address. I'll recheck the Spectrum thingy for ya. I might have an option....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Does AT&T not offer DSL through their phone line?
    Apparently not. After going around and around with the district manager for 2 weeks he tells me that all I can get is phone.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Wolfman, send me the address. I'll recheck the Spectrum thingy for ya. I might have an option....

Sent you a pm. I hope you do. Thanks.

And to make it worse, a buddy told me he uses straight talk with a unlimited plan and that I should go get the hot spot. So I went got a hot spot and asked the lady in electronics if the card would work. She said yes that was the card for it. Then when I go to activate it last night I'm told that you can not use unlimited plans with the hotspots only phones. Now I'm stuck with both. And the card is non refundable. Guess it's time to go show my butt.

If you're going to 'show your butt' I'd strongly consider having the attorney you used for closing have a chat with the realtor who either lied or gave you bad info on which you made your purchase decision.

Good luck.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I'm considering this because the DSL service we have is horrid. However, check the coverage map first. This service uses T-Mobile as its carrier so there may not be coverage in your area. If you do have coverage, you may also need an external antenna for the LTE router they use in order to get the best service.
    https://unlimitedlteadvanced.com/

DSL is the only option available where we are on Lake Wateree. Can someone clue me in on the Verizon jet pack
    Bah! Humbug!

I have Hughes net for same reason we didn't have any other options. The service sux pretty bad and is expensive so I am also interested in other avenues

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    If you're going to 'show your butt' I'd strongly consider having the attorney you used for closing have a chat with the realtor who either lied or gave you bad info on which you made your purchase decision.

Good luck.
    Technically AT&T is there. Apparently it's just so far away from a DSLAM or the CO that they can't even get a DSL signal out there. I wasn't there to experience the conversation of course, but it sounds like the realtor didn't lie about anything. I'm sure the realtor just wasn't aware that AT&T doesn't offer DSL there.

Now if he asked the realtor "does AT&T offer internet connectivity out here?" and the answer was yes, then that's obviously a lie.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    DSL is the only option available where we are on Lake Wateree. Can someone clue me in on the Verizon jet pack
    It's basically a little box that you turn on that gives you internet connectivity over the cellular network. Turn it on, it links up to the nearest cell tower and blasts out a Wi-Fi signal that you connect your devices to.

The catch is that you are limited in the data usage and after you pull a certain amount of data for the month they slow your speed down.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    I have Hughes net for same reason we didn't have any other options. The service sux pretty bad and is expensive so I am also interested in other avenues
    A happy Hughesnet customer is about as common as a black panther in SC.

Last edited by willyworm; 04-15-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're limited to cellular, you may want to have a look at this
    https://fi.google.com/about/coverage/

If you're in the coverage area, may be a better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post

Good luck.
    Dont know why i suddenly quit getting updates on this tread, Im talking about showing my butt with wally world since the lady told me it was the card for the hot spot and it is not and is non refundable.

Just don’t get Hughes net

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    Just don’t get Hughes net
    trying to avoid it like the plague