Thread: Goose Creek 1972

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Goose Creek 1972

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Great! Most people on this site wouldn’t understand

I watched it twice- sure miss those days and quarter beer night at the Dutchman

I already had a son in 1972 and a daughter on the way. Course back then we had no idea what gender they were gonna be until they were born. But I was down that way a lot and remember a lot of that stuff.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Why can I not see the Vid? Black Screen. Thanks MM
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Galaxy drive in

I was 10 but dang those songs take me to a time that I didn't have a care in the world. My brother was about 16 or 17 and driving me and my little brother around rocking that 8 track.
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

I'll take Words of Earnest for 300 Alex. I can't see the picture.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

I had been at Clemson for a year, had a good friend from Walterboro, went to the Dutchman one friday night with him, heck of a good time. Doug died in a motorcycle wreck many years later, he owned a car dealership here in G"Vegas.

I was only would have been only a 1.5 years old then but it did bring back memories of the Edwards store in Camden. We were in the car and I asked my mom where we were going, she said Edwards. I asked, 'who is that'? I think it was a Big K after that and then eventually a Walmart and may have been something else in there between Edwards and Big K. Also remember my brother going to Baptist College in 1979. I hated being in our big old junker Impala having to drive three hours each way to take him back to school. That's a lot of riding for a hyper kid in one day. They'd go to a restaurant down there called the Filling Station and sit in there and eat all u can eat and put a hurting on them. Seems like I also remember a house being right in the median of the Interstate that my brother said was the Hell's Angel's clubhouse but it wasn't out of the ordinary for him to tell me some BS.

I bought my first 6 decoys at Edwards. Before that I had only 3 dekes I hunted with for years. Killed mallards and blacks over those 3 dekes too. Course we had ducks to hunt back then. We didn't see any gadwall around here until probably the late 70's or very early 80's. When I found those 6 Flambeau dekes I thought I was in hog heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I was only would have been only a 1.5 years old then but it did bring back memories of the Edwards store in Camden. We were in the car and I asked my mom where we were going, she said Edwards. I asked, 'who is that'? I think it was a Big K after that and then eventually a Walmart and may have been something else in there between Edwards and Big K. Also remember my brother going to Baptist College in 1979. I hated being in our big old junker Impala having to drive three hours each way to take him back to school. That's a lot of riding for a hyper kid in one day. They'd go to a restaurant down there called the Filling Station and sit in there and eat all u can eat and put a hurting on them. Seems like I also remember a house being right in the median of the Interstate that my brother said was the Hell's Angel's clubhouse but it wasn't out of the ordinary for him to tell me some BS.
    the house in the median was on hwy 52(Rivers Ave)- the bar on the right was the Hells Angels bar( Southland tackle shop- my first bartending job) their clubhouse was across the road on the curve beside I26- that was in 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    the house in the median was on hwy 52(Rivers Ave)- the bar on the right was the Hells Angels bar( Southland tackle shop- my first bartending job) their clubhouse was across the road on the curve beside I26- that was in 1979
    That's probably how he told it, I probably was about 9 years old and almost 40 years ago.

To give you an idea about how old I am. My uncle was German (Haltiwanger), he was married to my dad's oldest sister. He's the one that let me help him embalm the first time when I was 12 years old. I stayed with them a lot at night because my parents worked 3rd shift. From the time I was seven, the year after my baby brother died, I spent a lot of nights with them in the big mansion that was Blyth Funeral Home, it's a bank now. I slept in an upstairs bedroom that was also a display room for caskets. So I slept in a room that had open (empty) caskets sitting around the bed. My aunt and uncle slept in the master bedroom down the hall. Back then in the South you never left a body alone at night. So if there was a body in the parlor or on display in a viewing room an employee spent the night at the funeral home. So when my aunt and uncles time to stay came up I was there with them.

My uncle had a widowed aunt that lived down on the coast, a little place they called Ocean Drive. Wasn't much there really, surely not much of a town. She was an ancient frail looking lady and my aunt and uncle went to visit her once a year. They usually took my little ass with them. The lady had these big grandfather clocks everywhere (or so it seemed to me then) and they were all running. I hated that place, we would always spend the first night there and I was scared shitless most of the night because of the noise those clocks made! I didn't even notice sleeping in a room full of caskets with dead folks downstairs. But those clock scared the piss out of me. I still don't like those clock sounds. No idea why they scared me, but I bet out of all the nights we spent there I didn't sleep over 30 min combined.

Last time I went to Ocean Drive (quite a few years back now) that old lady's house was the city hall. Last I heard North Myrtle Beach had swallowed it. Make me wonder what happened to all that old expensive furniture and those clocks. They could have thrown the clocks in the ocean for all I care. Damn evil things, almost as bad as monkeys.

I thought the hells angels bar was on Dorchester road back then?
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Remember those days well! Goose Creek Class of '72