Thread: Kawasaki Teryx 4

Default Kawasaki Teryx 4

Hello girls...haven't been around much in awhile, but thought someone here might be able to give me a little info.

Any reviews, positives/negatives anyone could give me on these things? Might have a chance to pick up a 2013 with only around 800 miles on it at a decent deal. It's the camo/EPS 4 seater model. The bed is a little smaller than what I'd really like, but it's better than the back rack of an ATV, which is all I have now. Would be used in the mountains/desert of NM, so don't really care about mud capabilities. Will they be as loud as a RZR??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

We have one that is a 2008. I hate it. It’s loud because the motor sits in between the driver and passenger. It is also hot as hell in the summer. It is no where near as good as a rzr. To me it is louder than the RZR

You won't like it in the desert by any means. They're underpowered for the most part which is why they're very reliable. Will make a good crawler if you spend 4-5k in it. As said, motor is between front seats so it'll be noisy and warm but they are reliable.

I enjoy my Teryx. I have a two seater so it has the larger bed so it's nice around the farm, hunting and the occasional booze cruise on the dirt roads around the house.

Not worried about hot-rodding. It'll be used to hunt and booze-cruise. No Baja shit happening, no crazy rock crawling happening. It'll rarely be asked to go over 30mph.

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Roger. You said mountains and desert so assumed that would be part of it. IMO, you can't go wrong if it's a good buy. You will probably never have a problem out of it. To help with heat and noise, you can line the inside of the plastic with Rattletrap, Dynomat or like materials. Everyone in our riding group has done this on their Teryxs. Also for rear passengers, take the muffler off and drill out the cat converter. It holds a ton of heat. It doesn't make the machine any louder as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    Roger. You said mountains and desert so assumed that would be part of it. IMO, you can't go wrong if it's a good buy. You will probably never have a problem out of it. To help with heat and noise, you can line the inside of the plastic with Rattletrap, Dynomat or like materials. Everyone in our riding group has done this on their Teryxs. Also for rear passengers, take the muffler off and drill out the cat converter. It holds a ton of heat. It doesn't make the machine any louder as well.
    Gotcha. I just wanted to make sure it was a comfortable ride, reliable, and have enough torque to get up and down mountains.

Now it's not Razr comfortable just because they're set up totally different as far as suspension goes, but we've been on numerous all weekend rides to Parks all over the Southeast and we have never complained about being sore from the machine.