Thread: App for Screening Calls/Texts

Default App for Screening Calls/Texts

Thinking about getting rid of my personal phone and just going with company phone (the boss is cool with it).
    It'll keep me from having to carry two around at time and save me $80 a month.
    My biggest concern is being tied to the work phone at all times and not being able to take a break from it on the weekends and late evenings like I can now. Customers call/text at random times and now I just check the phone after hours at my convenience and get back with them in accordance to how urgent their need is.

Is there an app (or phone setting) that will allow me to split contacts into different categories and screen them accordingly. Like on weekends I could have customers set to where I don't even see a missed text or call until I go into the app or particular folder to check?

Is there anything out there like this or I am just going to have to choose to intentionally ignore texts and calls when I don't want to deal with them at certain times?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Besides Caller ID? I don't think so.

There are Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms out there that would allow you that luxury, but they don't sell to individuals. My advice to you would be to disable the feature that allows people that send you SMS (text) messages to see if you read their texts and then just pick and choose who or what you respond to in the off hours. Once you make yourself available it's hard to claw that privacy back.

get straight talk for personal use and save a little money
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    get straight talk for personal use and save a little money
    Excellent idea. You'll still have two phones but your monthly bill would be like $45. And it's either rebranded AT&T or Verizon so you would have the same coverage and performance you are probably used to.

You can download a Preferred Utility Screening Service (PUSS) but your wife mighty get pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    Excellent idea. You'll still have two phones but your monthly bill would be like $45. And it's either rebranded AT&T or Verizon so you would have the same coverage and performance you are probably used to.
    My roommate switched and has service just the same as she used to, with half the cost.

I know you'd still have two phones but at least you could avoid work stuff all together when you're not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Use a texting/calling app. There’s several out there.
    Or Google Voice

Individual ringtones?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Ignoring the work calls/texts may be the easiest route. I use one phone for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    You can download a Preferred Utility Screening Service (PUSS) but your wife mighty get pissed
    He currently has "0" females he speaks to. Nor will he ever hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I have Straight Talk and won't consider changing, it's great. Also, on an iPhone at least, the third line on the contacts is "Company". If you fill it out it will show up on the screen with their name when they call. You could enter "Personal" for your non work contacts.

No one says you have to answer every call or text right away.
    cut\'em