Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Read this.....

Default Read this.....

They tried to put my oldest on some of that shit when he was in second grade. I politely told them to fuck right on off.....

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ican-boy-0414/

My old man beat all ADD and ADHD right the hell out of me. No pills required.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I think if I had a prescription to Adderall I would be one hell of a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I think if I had a prescription to Adderall I would be one hell of a politician.
    Your meals would also be lacking.

Feetdown that is some scary stuff, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    My old man beat all ADD and ADHD right the hell out of me. No pills required.
    Fo sho. All we had was ASS and a quick tune up every now and again was all it took.

We never had any of it.Back then all you mighta been was hyper active,
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

but what's happened is, particularly in schools where most of the teachers are women, there's been a general girlification of elementary school, where any kind of disruptive behavior is sinful.
    Hear Hear

The stats on boy diagnosis vs girl diagnosis are infuriating. The article blames school systems, doctors, and pharmaceutical companies for the over diagnosis. But the parents deserve plenty of the blame as well. Moms are quick to make sure that they don't have the boy that is too active. And half of them are on pills that make it easier for them to make it through the day as well.

But ultimately I blame the men in society. At some point we stopped teaching our boys what it means to be a man. And we have too many dads that aren't being a dad to their kid. So now we have a bunch of boys being raised by girly men and single moms. We let this shit happen by not holding ourselves accountable (not you feets, but society as a whole).

I remember hearing one of the mom's in my kid's preschool class tell the other parents how her 3 year old son had ADHD. STFU! He's 3! He's supposed to have the attention span of a 3 year old.

Ain't nobody got two days to read that. I'm hungry. I need to fill up my bird feeders.

I read the whole thing because I figured the author would really lay it on near the end. No way someone with ADHD was still reading at that point. But yeah it could have easily been half the length. It got a bit wordy when he started talking about the dude that went out west and learned to live like a hippie.

Feed your kids whole food instead of a steady diet of flour and sugar.

Like whole wheat?

It's okay but I don't eat it whole or otherwise.

I can’t read an article that is full of bullshit. I have taken meds since I was in the 4th grade and I’m 30 now. That little nightmare they painted at the end of the first section has never happened to me. It goes way deeper then misbehaving in class. I would not have made it as far academically with out them. Trust me I know I tried not taking them at every level of my education. I am not arguing that it is over diagnosed but it’s not all bullshit either.

Maybe I am a little biased towards the health system.... but I have yet to see a Doctor prescribe a stimulant out of thin air.
    Almost always it is the result of a stated concern that a parent has regarding a certain set of symptoms ... the parents are then given a choice about treatments. In medicine decisions are made on peer reviewed research showing a benefit with the risk taken in mind as well. Unfortunately not every doctor follows evidence based medicine closely and there are way to many to who give into demands of parents.

I firmly believe that the initial diagnosis of ADHD should only be made by preferably a developmental psychiatrist/pediatrician and at the minimum a pediatric physician who has experience. There should be standardized strict guidelines for who goes on medication. Otherwise it is on the parents to change the environment... I for one believe one of the biggest problems is that kids no longer know how to be bored. In the days of TV , internet and video games our children must constantly be stimulated, and when they are a lot of this behavior is the result.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 04-10-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post

the initial diagnosis of ADHD should only be made by preferably a developmental psychiatrist
    This.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

When I got out of line or a bit rowdy, dad beat the hell out of me. When my sisters got in trouble, dad beat the hell out of me because I probably caused it. After he was done beating the hell out of me and grounding me, he proceeded to find plenty of work for me to do so I couldn't get into more trouble. I remember one summer our grass was damn near perfect, the garden and flower beds never had a weed in them and some kid across town was riding my skateboard on my ramps. ADHD is made up bullshit by people that don't want to be bothered with being a full time parent.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Easy hoss.....

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    They tried to put my oldest on some of that shit when he was in second grade. I politely told them to fuck right on off.....

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ican-boy-0414/
    I did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. We almost got into a big argument about it. But I got up and left.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Never had that shit like Harv said. Good thing cause I was and still are HYPER Active. I might just write a song to this.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"