Thread: Time for a new Mattress

Default Time for a new Mattress

It's time to replace our mattress. Looked at some this weekend and my head is spinning. It's alot more than pillow tops and firmness levels these days.

We decided that we didn't like the true foam mattresses and preferred the hybrid type that had both coils and foam. Seems like every store has a different name for their mattresses and most of the sales people we talked to seemed like they took the worst traits of a used car salesman and a furniture salesman and combined them to make a mattress salesman.

I'm not looking for a $3k mattress. But I don't mind spending some money on something that will last. I'd say I'm looking for something more the middle of the road. We did look at a Stearns and Foster that was really nice. But not sure I can justify the price difference over the Serta.

Someone help me out here. Even if it's just where to go shop for them at.

We just bought new mattresses from Macy's in Columbia. They had a good variety and we ended up with a firmer mattress with a pillow top and have been very happy with it for the first month or so. We caught the president's day sale and ended up getting a mattress that retailed for 2300 dollars for 999 plus tax, and free delivery. That is the second set we have bought from Macy's in the last 15 years and we were very happy with both.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Call Jay on here and tell him what you want or which one you like. They made one for us and couldn’t be happier or sleep better.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

https://lovemymattress.com

Holler at Jay... 866.244.0898

I can help you out if you would like. Our company is really called Engineered Sleep. Look us up if you would like. We make everything here in Greenville and ship nationwide. You won't spend more than $1500 for something top of the line with us.

Another vote for jay. We have bought 5 from him over the years for home and camper. Excellent quality all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I can help you out if you would like. Our company is really called Engineered Sleep. Look us up if you would like. We make everything here in Greenville and ship nationwide. You won't spend more than $1500 for something top of the line with us.
    Greenville is tough for me to get to, but i'll check you out for sure. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Greenville is tough for me to get to, but i'll check you out for sure. Thanks
    You call him, tell him what you want or the make/model of what you like. He builds it after giving you a price that's a helluva lot lower than you got in the store and ships it to your house.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Seriously. It can't get easier.

I also bought from Jay and have been very happy with our purchase. He saved us money and delivered to our door.