Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    You getting in a gun fight? I’d figure a conceal weapon would be used at point blank range or maybe out to a few feet or so. Is accuracy that important
    Don't plan on getting in a gun fight. If the situation were ever to happen I don't want to be carrying something that I have to rely on my target to be in point blank range.

I look at it like this if I can consistent hit my target at 30 yards hitting them at point black range is not a issue.

Yes I am concerned about accuracy for safety of bystanders if for no other reason

The keltec I normally carry I use the HST 147 as well. So far been pleased with that round. Would hope to use it in the new pistol I purchase when I find another one that I like.
    There is nothing wrong with the keltec. I just want something new and little more accurate than it is for those asking why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Can't wait to get my Sig P365 in. Gonna slap meez a 12 round extendo clip in dat bitch and rock out!!
    Hopefully it works.

The Kahr are the sweetest point of aim small guns that I have ever owned.
    I currently carry a Glock 26 with Pearce pinky extension IWB
    Inside my truck is a AR15 8.5 inch pistol in 300 BLK w/ 30 round mag.
    Sounds like you need to practice shooting a lot after you buy whatever you buy
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-08-2018 at 10:06 PM.

I carry a Walter pps m2. Not the most popular gun, but i love it

The easiest compact for me to be accurate with is the Shield. Good sights and trigger, switch trigger to an Apex and it can be really good for a compact semiauto.
    Second would be a tie between the Khar and Glock 43.
    Those are the only three I would personally consider. I have shot an LCP but it feels like a cheap POS.
    I have a couple of J frames that shoot well. My 3" 357 is a very accurate compact pistol. I like the LCR as well.

Most accurate compact size 9mm I have ever owned is a Sig P239.

124 grain +P HST in all my 9mms - except for the G19, it shoots Federal 9BPLE +P+ like a laser.. hottest round available for 9mm.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

For me, accuracy with any gun of that size comes from a combination of trigger pull characteristics, sight quality, fit to the hand, and TIME ON THE RANGE. With a small, single stack, concealable pistol, I want a smooth, striker-fire type trigger press of about 4-5 lbs, a good clean sight picture where I can clearly see the front sight, and the gun can't be TOO small in my hand. With that, practice, practice, practice.

I like the Shield and the Glock 43. I have limited time with others. I like the grips on the Shield better than the Glock, I like the Glock because it's a Glock. And I put a 4 lb Zev connector in it.

Any gun small enough to carry comfortably in an ankle holster is likely too small for me, except as a backup. Your mileage may vary. Some have said that anything over 16 ounces on your ankle is asking for back, knee, or hip issues.

I taught a CWP class recently where THREE women showed up with Bersa Thunder380's. In spite of the shitty trigger, they shot them... ok... but had malfunction after malfunction. I let one shoot my Glock 19 and I've never seen a grin like that.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 04-09-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I've got the S&W .380 in an ankle holster right now. As someone stated before after a few hours on day 1, I don't even notice it. Its like wearing a watch. My wife has the Shield 9mm, its too big for the ankle, but would be perfect for IWB or under a jacket.

Accuracy comes down to muscle memory, which is derived from range time.

Quote Originally Posted by lowbudget View Post
    I've got the S&W .380 in an ankle holster right now. As someone stated before after a few hours on day 1, I don't even notice it. Its like wearing a watch. My wife has the Shield 9mm, its too big for the ankle, but would be perfect for IWB or under a jacket.

Accuracy comes down to muscle memory, which is derived from range time.
    Accuracy comes from being intimate in your relationship with your front sight.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

The slim9 I use is deadly accurate to 12 or so yards in a no pressure situation. Point and shoot at half that distance seems pretty spot on. Its probably had 1000+ rounds through it and the only place it had trouble was with hollow point
    ammo that measures toward the min. OAL spec...It didn't like them a bit. It ran all others ok. No mechanical/manufacturer issues at all. A good friend as one as well with about half the round count and so far very similar results.
    That being said, that slim 9 has an identical footprint to an equally accurate 38 revolver I shoot,it just comes in about a half an inch wider because of the wheel diameter. I know you are looking for a semi 9mm but just I would add that.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Another vote for the Sig 239.