Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accuracy

Default Accuracy

I am looking for another 9mm concealed carry.

My main concerns are easily to conceal and ACCURATE. If I am going to tote it for protection I want it to be accurate enough that it doesn't hit a bystander instead of intended target.

So give me some opinions of what you carry, ammo used, and accuracy. ( I am only interested in semi auto 9mm)

I will normally be concealing with a ankle holster.

Most handguns are accurate, most handgun shooters are not. Generally the smaller the gun the harder it will be to shoot. That being said look at a Glock 43 or M&P Shield.

For the most part, the shorter the barrel, the less accurate it is. Find one with the best feeling trigger. The most important thing is to shoot it, A LOT. Like, 1000+ rounds a lot, to start with. There is no magical, super accurate gun out there that will make up for you not practicing. If you ever need it, you’re going to be so amped up that your body will go straight to muscle memory, so the more you have the better. Check out the shield, g43, sig365 for a starting point. Buy some different loads from the big manufacturers, Speer, federal, hornady and try a couple of boxes of Whichever one you like best to make sure it will function reliably. Also, not sure what your normal dress is but ankle carry would be my last option. A lot of great IWB holsters out there now that make will make a pistol almost invisible.
    Last edited by wskinner; 04-07-2018 at 10:55 AM.

I have a 9mm Shield. I like it and am very accurate with it. Might be a tad big for an ankle tho. I carry mine on my hip with no trouble what so ever with concealment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Ankle carry- you are going to want something light weight unless you sit behind a desk all day and walk minimal. If I was going to carry on the ankle and it had to be a 9mm I'd be looking at the lc9. Cheap option and it's what I carry w rat shot in the summer is a keltec 9. It's a cheap gun that's abused and I have never had any issues w it. Added a clip to the side and it rides on the waist band of gym shorts daily without them hitting my ankles because of weight. I walk too much to carry ankle holsters and am in shorts daily.

Edited to say if you shoot your small gun enough you can be proficient with it. Lc9 would be my go to had I not got the keltec dirt cheap.
    Last edited by beanhunter; 04-07-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Can't wait to get my Sig P365 in. Gonna slap meez a 12 round extendo clip in dat bitch and rock out!!

My kahr pm 9 is deadly accurate out to 20 steps. It ain’t cheap but neither is my life.

The cw9 is a less expensive version.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Shield, Xdm, G2, LCP, and LC9SPro.

Those are my current carry guns. I am the most accurate with the LC9s Pro because of it's trigger.

I carry a shield 9mm everyday. 95% of the time its at 3:30 in a Fox iwb holster or in a sticky at the same position. On easter before leaving the house my wife pointed out that my thin fishing shirt was see thru and she could see my pistol. I remembered i had got a ankle strap for the sticky for christmas so i strapped that thing on the outside of my boot and out the door we went. After 4 hours of having it on i didnt really notice anymore. Wasnt the most comfortable thing but it was better than not having it at all.

Ruger lc9s. Accurate all out of porportion to its size. Light enough for ankle duty.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

The ankle holster I have will conceal the Taurus slim and I never know it is there.
    Wanted to throw this out there for a size comparison as there seemed to be some concern with ankle holster. I wear boots daily so maybe they keep pistol from moving around making it uncomfortable for me

Those of you that recommended the shield what weight ammo do you use?

147gr federal hst and Winchester ranger t.

Last edited by StrutnBPS; 04-07-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Get the glock simply because it was invented by Jesus himself so god is automatically on your side in a gun fight.

I'm told the number one reason people buy shields is because they fit well in their purse....
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I carry a LCP every day. It's easy. You don't even know it's there. If I carry a 9mm it's my m&p 9 full size. I rarely carry my shield because I can't tell the difference in the full size and the shield. If I ankle carry it's my smith air weight. I don't think there is one perfect carry pistol.

Most people I know quit carrying because of comfort or hassle.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I have a glock 43 and kahr 380. I've had several small guns and these shoot the best for me. I would the imagine the 9mm version of both would preform similar

You getting in a gun fight? I’d figure a conceal weapon would be used at point blank range or maybe out to a few feet or so. Is accuracy that important

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Those of you that recommended the shield what weight ammo do you use?
    I don't own a shield but I carry 124 grain HST in my Glock 19 and 43. I pulled two bullets out of a deer I shot with a 43 and they both expanded perfectly.

150 grain HST micro's