Thread: 6.5 for $125

Default 6.5 for $125

I was talking to a buddy today at lunch and we got on the subject of guns after we abused DNR and women for a while. He has just bought a Savage 6.5 Creed for $125. On sale for $225 at Cabelas and a $100 rebate.

How cheap can they go?

By the way, we ate at a place called The War Mouth in Cottontown (Columbia). They hold themselves out as a BBQ place, but it isn't. A dinner time wood grilled Ribeye is $29. I need to go buy a new grill and for 6 of those I can have a new Weber I have been eyeing. Wood smoked ribs are 8/16/32 depending on size. All kinds of good stuff that I don't think make up a BBQ joint.

Good atmosphere.

Right off of Main, 2 blocks from Elmwood on Franklin Street.

Back on the gun, he is wondering which scope now....
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

The War Mouth is good for overpaying for supper and excellent drinks.

The Boyd Crowder is my jam.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I didn't see anything referring to Boyd Crowder. Or Jam. And I have not seen the movie.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Wish i could find one for that price.

Cabelas on sale is what I was told.

Axis I assume? I would start with a stock if so.

One of the owners/chefs and are old highschool buddies, one of the funniest guys you can talk to, witty as hell. His father catered barbecue around here for years. They built a pit, but I don't know how far they've gone or what they're cooking on it yet. He can cook, and they have fun playing with food.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 04-05-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Take the food talk shit to the Grill'n forum........

Like Curlee said, take that stock and throw it in the trash. Then get a B&C or Boyd's, then get a Nikon Prostaff and rock that bitch out !!

$100 rebate ended 1/31
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I was "trying" to sight in a Axis for one of my buddies. The crosshairs would move on the target by me just laying my hand on the stock. It's the worst stock I've ever seen.

Good stocks on production rifles seem to be a thing of the past
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

What are your thoughts on the action? Are parts available/interchangeable with other Savage actions? Can they be tightened up? Is it worth it or just do as TD said, stock, scope, and rock on??

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    What are your thoughts on the action? Are parts available/interchangeable with other Savage actions? Can they be tightened up? Is it worth it or just do as TD said, stock, scope, and rock on??
    Minus the stock they are decent. With that said I would never buy one and put money into it. I'd get a rem 700 or savage 10

You’re getting exactly what you’re paying for, a cheap rifle. Don’t try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear......

Beat the piss out if it! When it tears up, throw it in the trash and buy another.
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 04-06-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Bout what I figured. Here's what I'm thinking. Boyds laminate stock, DNZ mount, and vortex diamondback. Purpose being a one-season deer rifle while I build my 7.62x54r, then just being a back-up rifle for trips. Bonus is I wouldn't feel bad about cutting down the stock when my daughters are ready.

rp, sorry to hijack, just expanding on your question.
    Last edited by CurLee; 04-06-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Solid plan

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Minus the stock they are decent. With that said I would never buy one and put money into it. I'd get a rem 700 or savage 10
    Griffin what’s the difference in a model 10 and model 11
    I ask because I have a model 11 and want to make it better
    It’s all stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    Griffin what’s the difference in a model 10 and model 11
    I ask because I have a model 11 and want to make it better
    It’s all stock right now
    Nothing as far as actions. Some factory trim options are different but for upgrading purposes they are the same

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Bout what I figured. Here's what I'm thinking. Boyds laminate stock, DNZ mount, and vortex diamondback. Purpose being a one-season deer rifle while I build my 7.62x54r, then just being a back-up rifle for trips. Bonus is I wouldn't feel bad about cutting down the stock when my daughters are ready.

rp, sorry to hijack, just expanding on your question.
    What you using as a base rifle for the 7.62x54r?

The gurus on here might have a laugh but I don't care. It's a pre-war M91/30.