Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump To Deploy The Troops

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Trump To Deploy The Troops

Trump says he will put U.S. military on southern border

President Trump said Tuesday that he plans to deploy U.S. troops along the southern border to prevent illegal crossings "until we can have a wall."

“Until we can have a wall and proper security, we are going to be guarding our border with the military. That's a big step,” Trump told reporters at the White House

Such a move would significantly escalate the U.S. presence along the frontier with Mexico. The U.S. Border Patrol — not the military — is tasked with protecting the border.

Trump has recently reverted back to his hard-line stance on immigration, backing away from his efforts to compromise with Democrats on Capitol Hill.

Over the past several days, the president has closed the door to a deal to protect young immigrants brought illegally to the U.S. as children, called on Mexico to step up efforts to detail illegal border crossers and sounded the alarm about a so-called “caravan” of Central American migrants heading for the U.S. border.

"If it reaches our border, our laws are so weak and so pathetic...it's like we have no border,” Trump said.

Trump tied the caravan to the Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals program that he ended last fall, even though it does not cover people who crossed the border this year.

The president is coming under mounting pressure from his base to secure a policy win on immigration, after he failed to secure $25 billion to build his proposed border wall in a government funding bill.

Trump even floated the possibility of pulling out of the North American Free Trade Agreement if Mexico does not take steps to curb the flow of immigrants crossing the border illegally.

The president on Tuesday claimed the caravan is breaking up "very rapidly" in part because of his threat.

Sending troops the border would be an unusual, but not unprecedented, step.

Presidents Obama and George W. Bush both deployed National Guard troops at the border to help stop illegal immigration. The temporary moves came as they were trying to win conservative support for immigration reforms that would allow millions to seek U.S. citizenship.

"The United States is not going to militarize the southern border," Bush said when announcing the deployment in 2006. "Mexico is our neighbor, and our friend."
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 04-03-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

He gonna build the wall with the troops using the new military extra budget money. National security. MAGA.

I'm sorry. I don't support this proposal. Our military should only be deployed in a war theatre. Not border security.

I think its a matter of national security. I'd rather see em protecting our borders than somebody else's.

Seems I recall that deployment of troops on US soil is illegal except in time of war. That's in my head, not sure if it is accurate though.

I agree - bad precedent. And expensive as hell to maintain at any rate.

I'd rather see increased Border Patrol presence and use of UAV's (and remote ground-based sensors) to find crossers.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

The Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the use of federal military personnel to "execute the laws"; however, there is disagreement over whether this language may apply to troops used in an advisory, support, disaster response, or other homeland defense role, as opposed to domestic law enforcement.

I don't see the problem. If an army was invading the southern or northern border no one would have a problem with troops being there. You know they would be endangering the populace , and possibly even firing shots at our border guys.... oh wait.

well the news is calling it an "invasion"

Invasions must be repelled by force.

Just make the border a 20mile wide military base with live fire exercises on the regular. Mortar practice in Arizona, bombing ranges in New Mexico and Texas. California... those boys (and girls) at Camp Pendleton need someplace to shoot too.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

1500 illegals is definitely an invasion. They are germ warfare. Eat up with diseases that we don't need here.

I remember “I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic” in the oath I swore.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    Seems I recall that deployment of troops on US soil is illegal except in time of war. That's in my head, not sure if it is accurate though.
    Your thinking about Possee Comitatus, it's an 1878 law not in the Constitution as many people think. It doesn't say troops can't be deployed inside the US, it says they can't be used for law enforcement against the citizens. That's why they stood around "consulting" at Waco. The military's main function is to defend the US and the constitution. This caravan is an attempted invasion against the US. Using the military is not only legit it's expected, it's what they do. Going to the Middle East shooting goat herders and guarding the poppy fields has very little to do with protecting the US.

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations-entangling alliances with none." -- Thomas Jefferson
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I crossed the border by land last week for work, visiting a manufacturing plant there. Went over and back in the same day. It took 10 minutes to get into Mexico and 2-1/2 hours to get back into the US once we got into line. Mexico may not be a 3rd world country, but it at least rates 2.85. If a group chooses to illegally invade the US, then I have no issue with backing up the Border Patrol with a little more firepower.

If they allow this 1500 it will turn into 15million.

It is no different than the African migration going into Europe from Northern Africa.

Mexico cannot setup a 1500 person refugee camp in northern Mexico when they get there either. If our media doesn’t cover this the right way it might turn into 5 million.

Interesting days ahead....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have stupid laws that give an illegal border crosser rights if they get a foot on US soil. Soldiers can't shoot over the border so there's not much they can do but apprehend illegals and clog up the court system. Mexico isn't our friend when it comes to this issue. They could help stop most of this but they actually facilitate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    They could help stop most of this but they actually facilitate it.
    Because of the cashflow. $69-Billion sent "back home" in 2016.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...oney-than-ever

Get with Messico and build a wall on the MEXICO Southern border. Cuts illegals across our South border in half. Enhance our border with tech stuff, UAVs and an increased border patrol. I am skeptical that a wall on our Southern border would be worth the coin due to the length of the border.

I don't mind using the military but I still support upping the enforcement on the ones that are here. I know they are working on it but I say go all out. Letting them know they are truly not wanted and we are willing to enforce it will cut way down on the stream into the country.

But they're dreamers

Get out of his way or get run over.
    Trump is to Presidents what # 3 was to Nascar
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-03-2018 at 10:11 PM.