Thread: Turkey

Default Turkey

Cut breast into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch pieces, place in crockpot. Sauté one large onion and three stalks celery, add to crockpot. Add one can cream of chicken, one can cream of celery, two packages onion soup mix and one package ranch dressing mix. One can diced tomatoes and three soup can of water. Little season salt, pepper and a couple of shakes of Worcester. Cook on low around seven hours. Make a pot of rice and enjoy. May need to thicken with corn starch.

You should be drawn and quartered for suggesting that someone do such to a turkey breast. If you’re gonna put something in a crockpot with all that BS, go buy a yardbird...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

With all that chaos of “flavors” why even bother with the turkey?

Do y’all even enjoy the flavor of wild game or is it just a contest to see who can come up with the recipe with most ingredients to hide the meat?

I just imagine this looking like a crock pot full of vomit and it tasting about the same.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wow........the wild turkey was created to be deep fried.....period

My wife makes something similar with chicken and it is good.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Why not just soak it in Italian dressing for a week. It will do just as good a job of covering up the taste of it.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    With all that chaos of “flavors” why even bother with the turkey?

Do y’all even enjoy the flavor of wild game or is it just a contest to see who can come up with the recipe with most ingredients to hide the meat?
    If all else fails, wrap it in bacon and stuff with pepperoncini.

Sounds good to me. I swear y'all boys give anything to do with turkey hell! Don't call them in with right style call, use decoys, wrong shotgun, wrong clothes,wrong shell......on and on and on and on! Lol
    867-5309

Sorry the self proclaimed "Turkey Poets" find the recipe so offensive. It indeed is very tasty. Just a different way of cooking it. I was fortunate to hunt in Florida last week with two individual who have individually watched more turkeys die than probably killed by the entire forum members here. As I was leaving camp one of them was cutting up a turkey breast and putting it in a crock pot. I had never even considered such. When I got home I decided to give it a try and threw the ingredients above together. What I ended up with was several great meals, the meat still had the flavor of the wild turkey and was very tender. I have fried, baked and smoked all of my wild turkeys up until that day. One thing I will say is that if you cook a turkey thirty seconds too long you have turkey jerky. Feetdown-Drawn and quartered-really? You boys have a great turkey season, seriously!

^i'm with stupid.^
    I aint afraid of wild game. I also aint afraid of a crockpot.

My wife makes this meal with a chicken. Its a lot of vinegar and an ass of pepper. you let it sit overnight in an oven bag and then cook it till it shreds. we call it "vinegar-pepper chicken." We came up with the name ourselves. Anyway, its pretty good and easy. So....I had thawed a bunch of stuff to cook for the week and had a half turkey in there (half a breast and one thigh and leg). I told the missus we should try "vinegar-pepper wild turkey" but we werent gonna be home to cook it. She said "throw that sucker in the crockpot", so we did. It ate just fine and if you fuckers want to get all snooty about it I'll be sure not to invite you to dinner.

Deal?

and I think its funny as hell you people get all high and mighty about flavors and then say that a wild turkey should be fried
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Feetdown-Drawn and quartered-really? You boys have a great turkey season, seriously!
    Maybe not drawn and quartered, but at least given a wedgie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    My wife makes something similar with chicken and it is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ^i'm with stupid.^
    I aint afraid of wild game. I also aint afraid of a crockpot.

My wife makes this meal with a chicken. Its a lot of vinegar and an ass of pepper. you let it sit overnight in an oven bag and then cook it till it shreds. we call it "vinegar-pepper chicken." We came up with the name ourselves. Anyway, its pretty good and easy. So....I had thawed a bunch of stuff to cook for the week and had a half turkey in there (half a breast and one thigh and leg). I told the missus we should try "vinegar-pepper wild turkey" but we werent gonna be home to cook it. She said "throw that sucker in the crockpot", so we did. It ate just fine and if you fuckers want to get all snooty about it I'll be sure not to invite you to dinner.

Deal?

and I think its funny as hell you people get all high and mighty about flavors and then say that a wild turkey should be fried
    Chicken deserves to be treated that way. And I wouldn't come even if you invited me. So there.

^whew^ dodged another bullet.

and I agree I dont really need chicken but certainly like to decide what to coat it with that tastes good. Wild turkey is a bit of a challenge to cook different ways bc it will get dry in a hurry (hence the frying that people love). aquaman's concoction is a bit much for me (I bet it would work well with coon meat or goose, too) but I'd eat it.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.