Thread: Wife's Ipad battery will not stay charged ???

Default Wife's Ipad battery will not stay charged ???

Wife has Ipad she uses at home for surfing the net

I guess it is about 2 or 3 years old, stays plugged up during the day and night if she is not using it.. Never leaves the house

Lately it will be 100% charged and seems to die very quick and other times it is just fine

Is it time for new battery ??

Check the charger first. Apple products are very finicky and if you use an after-market charger, especially the box that plugs into the outlet, they won't charge correctly.

With that said, if you have been using an after-market charger box, you may have fried the battery.

Good luck
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

If she updated it, they were frying batteries and cooking devices a while back to make you buy new ones. Take it and have the battery replaced. I think it’s still $30-$40.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Being on the charger "most" of the time will kill the battery's life with a quickness. Those batteries are designed to be used... not continuously be charging.

Battery.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Thanks.

Was 100% when we left for church this am and got home and unplugged it and she said it was 67%.

Guess Apple Store or is it ok to use places like CPR, CPR has repaired my screen several times.

Leaving it charged too much will kill it,and is it still under warranty?
    Last edited by Coot_Commander; 04-01-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    Leaving it charged too much will kill it,and is it still under warranty?
    Not sure how long warranty is, guess I can have her check it

I know if places like CPR work on them it voids warranty

Just easier to run it to CPR here in Anderson than drive to Greenville to Apple Store
    Last edited by tprice; 04-01-2018 at 05:55 PM.

If it's not under warranty, I get a new battery from CPR or Amazon and be done with it.