Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labradoodle

Default Labradoodle

Definitely not for me, but have a friend looking for one. Anyone have contacts on some?

My wife raises them. Just had a litter Thursday. 10 total. Chocolate and black. PM for details

Incoming

“Not for me” Bwhahaha never heard that one before.... asking for a friend Bwhahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Ahh hush it up and go get you some Summerville passion.......

Don’t know a thing about a Labradoodle but a fellow up the street just got a Poodlepointer a few months ago, that little pup is impressive.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Don’t know a thing about a Labradoodle but a fellow up the street just got a Poodlepointer a few months ago, that little pup is impressive.
    A Pudlepointer isn't a cross between Poodles and Pointers, It's a completely different breed. I bet the folks that own them hate all the new Poodle mixed breeds that caused the confusion.

I was just like most of you guys on here when my wife brought home the standard poodle. Really??? But they are the smartest, easiest to train dogs I’ve ever been around. The mother of this litter hunts with us, and has incredible drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    A Pudlepointer isn't a cross between Poodles and Pointers, It's a completely different breed. I bet the folks that own them hate all the new Poodle mixed breeds that caused the confusion.
    Did not know that, never researched the breed or cared. Always thought it was one of those designer dogs.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

According to AKC the Pudelpointer is exactly that...a cross between a poodle and a pointer in the origin of the breed.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX2 View Post
    According to AKC the Pudelpointer is exactly that...a cross between a poodle and a pointer in the origin of the breed.

I stand corrected. But the Pudelpointer is a developed breed that has been bred over enough generations to become a recognized breed, not merely a cross/mixed breed like "labradoodles", "goldendoodles", whateverdoodle. If you breed a Poodle to a Pointer, you do not get a Pudelpointer. The difference is that you can have better expectation of similar characteristics in puppies with recognized breed. With crosses and mixing, for many generations you are susceptible to throwback oddities in pups.

I was forced to live with a Toy Poodle many years ago when a girlfriend moved in with me. It was an epiphany to me and I gained a lot of respect for the breed. The dog had some great characteristics that the breed is known for (no shedding, odorless when wet, poops hard charcoal briquettes, very biddable, etc.) and this little dog had the heart of a lion. There are folks that are trying to recover the Standard Poodles back from show dog to field dog. Indeed, I read that there have been Standard Poodles that have attained their Master Hunter titles.

The Poodle's silly French cut hair style was originally a functional hairdo that left hair around the joints to protect them in the field. That original cut has morphed into a caricature by show dog people.

Just looked up pudelpointer and they’re pretty dogs.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

My wife has a labdoodle. He's kinda smart, but he's a silly animal. His hair cuts dictate how serious I can take him.

20180116_204430.jpg

20180401_122040.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Definitely not for me, but have a friend looking for one. Anyone have contacts on some?
    I know of one that needs a home. PM me

Pepsi Ralph? Come on man....
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Just asked and he said they’re looking for a puppy. Thanks though

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Just asked and he said they’re looking for a puppy. Thanks though
    Ok. I believe this one is 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Pepsi Ralph? Come on man....
    Kids and pizza deal.. I don't do soft drinks. Well, maybe like once a year or so. I could go for like one of those tiny glass bottle cokes right now. Just so I could chug it and burp.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    May have someone interested. PM inbound

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX2 View Post
    I was just like most of you guys on here when my wife brought home the standard poodle. Really??? But they are the smartest, easiest to train dogs I’ve ever been around. The mother of this litter hunts with us, and has incredible drive.
    congrats on coming out of the closet
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.