Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labradoodle

my pa inlaw has a first gen(i don't know the letters and numbers to call it) half lab and standard poodle mix....looks like a wirehaired pointer more than anything, his hair doesn't curl...just kinda wavy...he's one of the more athletic animals I've seen...

if i knew i could get one that acted and turned out as good as that one, id get one tomorrow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Don’t know a thing about a Labradoodle but a fellow up the street just got a Poodlepointer a few months ago, that little pup is impressive.
    Different ballgame right there !! Impressive is right !
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by scswamprat View Post
    my pa inlaw has a first gen(i don't know the letters and numbers to call it) half lab and standard poodle mix....looks like a wirehaired pointer more than anything, his hair doesn't curl...just kinda wavy...he's one of the more athletic animals I've seen...

if i knew i could get one that acted and turned out as good as that one, id get one tomorrow...
    Were you the fellow that was looking at our Draht / Lab mutts ?
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

My wife wants one of those inbreeds. meh....
    Last edited by jwilliams; 04-03-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    congrats on coming out of the closet
    haha.

my ex had a labradoodle. pretty sure he came direct from the short bus. was the dumbest fucking dog ive ever seen. and ugly as sin.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    congrats on coming out of the closet
    Shots fired!!....... Shots fired!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I stand corrected. But the Pudelpointer is a developed breed that has been bred over enough generations to become a recognized breed, not merely a cross/mixed breed like "labradoodles", "goldendoodles", whateverdoodle. If you breed a Poodle to a Pointer, you do not get a Pudelpointer. The difference is that you can have better expectation of similar characteristics in puppies with recognized breed. With crosses and mixing, for many generations you are susceptible to throwback oddities in pups.

I was forced to live with a Toy Poodle many years ago when a girlfriend moved in with me. It was an epiphany to me and I gained a lot of respect for the breed. The dog had some great characteristics that the breed is known for (no shedding, odorless when wet, poops hard charcoal briquettes, very biddable, etc.) and this little dog had the heart of a lion. There are folks that are trying to recover the Standard Poodles back from show dog to field dog. Indeed, I read that there have been Standard Poodles that have attained their Master Hunter titles.

The Poodle's silly French cut hair style was originally a functional hairdo that left hair around the joints to protect them in the field. That original cut has morphed into a caricature by show dog people.
    Years ago, we took in my nieces Lasapoo (Lesseps poodle mix). Meanest little dog I have been around, hated squirrels and moles.

Whe I was a kid, we had a doctor that shot doves with us, his retriever was a standard poodle. But the farmer’s dog was better, his was a blue healer
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Years ago we were shooting doves outside of Marion and my buddy invited a friend to come shoot with us. I kept looking down the field and couldn't figure out what I was seeing so I had to walk down there. Buddy's guest had a Dacshund that was retrieving doves. All I know is I thought i was seeing a damn brown slinky crossing the corn rows.

There’s a place in Columbia called Capital City Club. I imagine you could get one there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

Quote Originally Posted by bucknfloat2 View Post
    Years ago we were shooting doves outside of Marion and my buddy invited a friend to come shoot with us. I kept looking down the field and couldn't figure out what I was seeing so I had to walk down there. Buddy's guest had a Dacshund that was retrieving doves. All I know is I thought i was seeing a damn brown slinky crossing the corn rows.
    Well I'll be. That would be a site for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX2 View Post
    I was just like most of you guys on here when my wife brought home the standard poodle. Really??? But they are the smartest, easiest to train dogs I’ve ever been around. The mother of this litter hunts with us, and has incredible drive.
    One of the smartest, if not the smartest, dogs that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing was a poodle. I came to believe that he understood every word that was said to him.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"