Thread: Nissan Titan

Default Nissan Titan

For some time now I've been looking for a used crew cab hunting truck. After a bunch of research I decided on the 05-06 Limited Toyota Tundra. While looking I saw a Titan and decided to check them out too. I can get a newer model (looking at the 2008 LE model) with less miles for a better price. Besides aesthetics, any reason why I should disqualify them? No one I know has ever owned one, so I can't get any first hand info.

Thanks,
    Mike V.

Buy the Tundra.

Keep walking till you find the right tundra.

I swore I bought my last one 17 years ago and ended up buying the new xd with the cummins. Water leaks, constant need of ecm updates, and stupid infotainment issues pushed me to take a hefty loss and sell it. Oh yeah resale sucks on all titans. After researching what I thought was mostly new model growing pains was really some common stuff from the first gen. If you are not a die hard Nissan fanboy you will be dissapointed. Plus side is the gas 5.6 will haul ass though, just not past a gas station.

It aint a Toyota. My Grandpa had one. It was alright. The 05-06 Tundra is legit. That Toyota 4.7 is the 22re of the V8's. I wouldn't hesitate getting one with 200k plus on it.

Another option is the Sequoia. If a truck bed isn't a deal breaker I am super pleased with mine.
    Last edited by JBK; 03-28-2018 at 09:57 AM.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I had an 06 tundra that i bought new and sold in 2016. Had to put a battery and a u joint in driveshaft in 10 years of ownership . Wish i would have never gotten rid of it. Truck is tough as nails. Now i have a 14 tundra with 5.7 it has a gasoline addiction! I believe the 5.6 in the titans have the sane issue. But like others have said i would pay more for a Toyota over a titan.

Find an early Series 100 Land Cruiser with 200K on the odometer and factory lockers. You’ll be set.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I did considered both the Sequioa and the LC, but then I remembered how bad I tore up the back of my 1999 Tahoe with mud, dogs and dead animals.

This. My mother in law has a 4.7 Sequoia that has 320k miles on it and still going strong(ish). If that vehichle can survive her, they'll survive anything you could throw at them. . .

253K, lockers, interior in relatively good shape. Weatherguard mats all around. Will throw a dead critter basket on the back for deer. Hell, I drive it everywhere on the weekends. Motor is strong. I gave the guy $5700.00 for it, threw some tires on it and rolled on. I could probably sell it for a lot more than I have in it but I won’t. Going to add a bumper and winch soon. Perfect for the beach, hauling dogs around or towing the jon boat.

3425904C-9DF6-427D-93D6-268762A1A9FB.jpg
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Did you get that out of some Colombian cartel's stable?
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Hell no man, that’s the stealth version.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Almost!

I have an 05 tundra that I bought used in 2007 with 45k on it, just rolled past 210k a month ago. There is not another truck on the market that I’d rather have. It’s the perfect size
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

x10 for a tundra I bought an 06 sr5 access cab 4wd Feb 1st of 2017. Knock on wood I have put 40,000 on it with not a ounce of trouble. Be prepared to put a timing belt in it and drive on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson