Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scalping Bermuda

Nothing says "wannabe" like a bermuda yard.

Either let whatever wants to grow grow or spray, till, lay zoysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Nothing says "wannabe" like a bermuda yard.

Either let whatever wants to grow grow or spray, till, lay zoysia.
    Damn right. If you’re south of Greenwood, contact me, if you’re in Greenwood or anywhere north of it, contact Tater....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Damn Greenwood should be a territory unto it’s self. Damn place is like another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Damn Greenwood should be a territory unto it’s self. Damn place is like another planet.
    You’re right. Who should we assign it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

There's a new chemical out now you can put on the lawn that makes it grow out instead of up not sure the name of it feet might be able to dig it up.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by Meathook View Post
    As much as I hate Bermuda, I have roughstalk Blue grass taking over my back yard of Bermuda. Can't kill the shit.
    It's probably annual bluegrass, very little roughstalk(that was not intentionally seeded) in the Carolinas.

Spray Monument(@15grams/ac) or Katana(@3oz/ac) at the labeled rates and it will be gone in less than 2 weeks. Both of those herbicides will kill a large assortment of broadleaf weeds as well

Been on a plan with a company called top turf here in Georgia. They treat 8 times a year and I can’t complain. It sure beats, hunting down what I need, getting it, putting it out, etc.

Checked the yard out a little more yesterday and noticed little thatch. I’ll attest that to bagging clippings last year. I do have some good green sprouts showing. This just leaves more time to prep the garden.

Thanks for the intel, all.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    There's a new chemical out now you can put on the lawn that makes it grow out instead of up not sure the name of it feet might be able to dig it up.
    Golf courses use Primo (Trinexapac-ethyl). It does promote more lateral growth and reduce some vertical growth. I doubt it would be cheap enough to be reasonable to put it out on a home lawn, but I haven't ever priced it. It helps with some shade tolerance too if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Golf courses use Primo (Trinexapac-ethyl). It does promote more lateral growth and reduce some vertical growth. I doubt it would be cheap enough to be reasonable to put it out on a home lawn, but I haven't ever priced it. It helps with some shade tolerance too if I remember correctly.
    Yep, it's Primo. Since it helps with the lateral growth versus vertical growth, it also cuts down on the frequency of having to mow. You can go from having to cut your Bermuda twice a week to once a week/week and a half just by using Primo. The guys on aroundtheyard.com swear by it.
    :FYT:

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Don't overthink it, it's Bermuda. Get it on a good fertilization/weed control program and cut it twice a week.
    This right here. This is the best piece of advice on here. Feet’s knows what he is talking about

Like others, I don't know shit about grass. My yard probably has 300 different species of grass/weeds growing in it.

How does Zoysia do without irrigation??
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai