Thread: Free Range Parenting

My first thought is why would you have to make a law that states your kid can walk to school or sit in a car? Government just trying to lend a helping hand...again.
    Last edited by reeltight; 03-22-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    My first thought is why would you have to make a law that states your kid can walk to school or sit in a car? Government just trying to lend a helping hand...again.
    Because some OTHER idiots in the Government have arrested parents for allowing their kids to do just that. I blame Facebook and 24 hour news channels. Prior to them you only had about an hour and a half of news during the day and news stations didn’t have time to make up problems and issues. Facebook has given the people you use to only see on COPS a voice, so now these crazies and their ideas are spreading like VD in a cathouse.

I would like to see someone run for office on the platform of not creating any new laws and, furthermore, repealing as many stupid laws they could find. That would be a career politician I could get behind.
    Last edited by wskinner; 03-22-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Sounds like they are reverting back to the way things were when I was a kid and before. Most of us made it past adolescence just fine. Some ended up with broken bones and scars, but we usually learned a valuable lesson in the process. It's like when I tell people that I never got my butt cut for the same thing twice.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Because some OTHER idiots in the Government have arrested parents for allowing their kids to do just that. I blame Facebook and 24 hour news channels. Prior to them you only had about an hour and a half of news during the day and news stations didn’t have time to make up problems and issues. Facebook has given the people you use to only see on COPS a voice, so now these crazies and their ideas are spreading like VD in a cathouse.

I would like to see someone run for office on the platform of not creating any new laws and, furthermore, repealing as many stupid laws they could find. That would be a career politician I could get behind.
    You won't find that person with a D or R by their name.