Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CDC: Youth Suicide Skyrockets 70%

Yeap good discussion and alot of truth in the posts. Especially the long term ramifications and ripple effect it has on those around them.

Miss ya Gary

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    A pediatrician buddy of mine brought this up. All kids see are their friends having good times with pictures posted on the phones. Well, do friends post of bad times? No. So, all these kids are seeing are their friends, or friends of friends, having a good time and they are not. Sure they get beaten down. Depressed. They are like all the other kids having a good time. So here comes suicide.

As a parent, it is hard to compete with all the BS that is posted on phones. Some is good, like the boy who got TWO nice gobblers this AM. In one shot. So, Little P is out there trying to do it too.
    Not just with kids. Social media is full of all ages of people portraying a perfect image. And people make the mistake of thinking that a few good pictures means that things are perfect. And that they have to compete with that.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Not just with kids. Social media is full of all ages of people portraying a perfect image. And people make the mistake of thinking that a few good pictures means that things are perfect. And that they have to compete with that.
    Friggin truth here. I said this same thing years ago when I got off of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Social media has taken “keeping up with the Jones” and elevated it to a whole other level. Add to that all the self affirming pictures and dear Abby bullshit that gets posted online it’s no wonder people are so fucking weird. You can’t expect parents to lead by example when a majority of them spend countless hours posting about their 5 year olds travel ball team or taking a picture of their dinner at Outback for everyone to see. The measure of many adults lives is now wholeheartedly dependent on how many “likes” they get; or how many followers they have. It’s sad really. Raise your kids to do well, take care of yourself and others, work hard. That will earn way more respect from people than the video of you playing your rexcraft bugle posted on Facebook.

Rexcraft with a capitol R you dumbfuck

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Rexcraft with a capitol R you dumbfuck
    Dumb fuck is two words, you stupid cunt.

Speaking of dumb fucks...

MARCH 22, 2018,

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – First responders in Indianapolis say they are seeing a spike in the number of people overdosing on a street drug that is mixed with heavy-duty bug spray.

“We describe it as being like a zombie. They cannot talk to us,” Indianapolis Fire Department Captain Chris Major told WXIN.

When IFD crews responded to the corner of 10th and Rural on Monday they found a man in the grass near the east side of the intersection. He was unresponsive and struggling to breathe. Medics say he overdosed on the street drug called KD.

“Their movements are slow and lethargic, a lot of drooling and a loss of function. We find them with their clothes off, eating the grass, pulling dirt out of the ground and trying to put it in their mouth,” said Cpt. Major.

KD is a mix of either marijuana, tobacco, or spice doused in a heavy-duty bug spray like Raid, then users smoke the mixture.

“We find people passed out with it still in their hand. That is how fast it has an effect on them,” said Cpt. Major.

Captain Major says his team at IFD Station 27 has had nearly a dozen KD overdose runs in one day.

“They do not know what is in this stuff or who has made it so they are all taking chance. Which for some reason they are willing to do because we get the same people using over and over again,” said Cpt. Major.

Last year, IFD Station 27 had around 5,100 runs. A good amount of those were for KD overdoses. But, Cpt. Major says fire crews cannot do much to help the user except take their blood pressure and wait for an ambulance.

“We send them off to the hospital to get checked out and within two hours they may be back out there on the street doing it again. We have had the same person multiple times in one day,” said Cpt. Major.

Crews say the highest number of KD overdose calls happens near 10th and Rural. Recently, IMPD had made a few drug busts in that area, working to find the main source and dealers of the drug.

http://wtvr.com/2018/03/22/drug-lace...-like-effects/

You ain’t lived till you snort a rail cut with DEET while peepaw has the Asian girls cook breakfast before runnin dogs on the neighbors property.
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 03-22-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Miss ya Gary
    Thanks Ray.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Miss u peepaw

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Speaking of dumb fucks...

MARCH 22, 2018,

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – First responders in Indianapolis say they are seeing a spike in the number of people overdosing on a street drug that is mixed with heavy-duty bug spray.

“We describe it as being like a zombie. They cannot talk to us,” Indianapolis Fire Department Captain Chris Major told WXIN.

When IFD crews responded to the corner of 10th and Rural on Monday they found a man in the grass near the east side of the intersection. He was unresponsive and struggling to breathe. Medics say he overdosed on the street drug called KD.

“Their movements are slow and lethargic, a lot of drooling and a loss of function. We find them with their clothes off, eating the grass, pulling dirt out of the ground and trying to put it in their mouth,” said Cpt. Major.

KD is a mix of either marijuana, tobacco, or spice doused in a heavy-duty bug spray like Raid, then users smoke the mixture.

“We find people passed out with it still in their hand. That is how fast it has an effect on them,” said Cpt. Major.

Captain Major says his team at IFD Station 27 has had nearly a dozen KD overdose runs in one day.

“They do not know what is in this stuff or who has made it so they are all taking chance. Which for some reason they are willing to do because we get the same people using over and over again,” said Cpt. Major.

Last year, IFD Station 27 had around 5,100 runs. A good amount of those were for KD overdoses. But, Cpt. Major says fire crews cannot do much to help the user except take their blood pressure and wait for an ambulance.

“We send them off to the hospital to get checked out and within two hours they may be back out there on the street doing it again. We have had the same person multiple times in one day,” said Cpt. Major.

Crews say the highest number of KD overdose calls happens near 10th and Rural. Recently, IMPD had made a few drug busts in that area, working to find the main source and dealers of the drug.

http://wtvr.com/2018/03/22/drug-lace...-like-effects/
    I will never understand why someone would be tempted to smoke something like that
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Several years ago I was awoken from almost death the first time, in the room next to me was this Asian kid, in his early 20s. He was coming off of spice and going through nightmares. I don't know what the effects of that zombie drug are, but I don't know what could be worse than what I heard. I felt like a slipped into my own personal hell.

Chow. Leslie Chow.

A good friend of mine used to smoke that spice shit like it was oxygen. How you can smoke something that smells that fucking bad and think to yourself, man I love this shit? That is some bad stuff.

just another reason to legalize weed. that spice shit will go by the wayside
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.