Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LLR Contractors

I took the RC in '86 and you got 2 grades , one on the questions, and one on the takeoff. I scored a 92 on the questions and 93 on the takeoff. Tab you code book, utilize you time wisely, take the prep class if possible. I am sure the test has changed but the principle probably the same. I took almost all the time allowed , I answered the questions and marked ones unsure of ,then at the end went back and looked up for clarification.

Good luck.

Who would you guys recommend for classes for the unlimited GC license?

I knew a guy that took “contractors seminar inc” I borrowed his books after he took the test and took it without a class.
    It’s all about the tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I have the seminar on disk along with the practice exam questions. You’d need to get your own books. I put the seminar and study guide on ITunes and listened to it while I drove around.

Some guy out of Charlotte gave mine at a hotel in Columbia. He was decent, same guy on the disk.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 03-22-2018 at 07:20 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I am by no means making any assumptions, just want to make sure that you know all the ins and outs.....Make sure you get your financials prepared beforehand...had my license for 15+ years now, but pretty sure they now require an accountant statement(I seem to recall it has to be audited and not reviewed) showing at least a quarter mill in net worth

I didn't take a course, but the guys that have worked for me in the past that have obtained their license have had better luck with the face to face style of classes (most recent was in Charlotte IIRC) as opposed to the webinar/online style classes. Things seem to be more up to date as the testing gets revamped.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 03-22-2018 at 08:21 AM.

Fish and Salty, appreciate the input. I'd be looking to get licensed as a proxy for my company. I'll dig into it some more on the financial requirements.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    I am by no means making any assumptions, just want to make sure that you know all the ins and outs.....Make sure you get your financials prepared beforehand...had my license for 15+ years now, but pretty sure they now require an accountant statement(I seem to recall it has to be audited and not reviewed) showing at least a quarter mill in net worth

I didn't take a course, but the guys that have worked for me in the past that have obtained their license have had better luck with the face to face style of classes (most recent was in Charlotte IIRC) as opposed to the webinar/online style classes. Things seem to be more up to date as the testing gets revamped.
    If you take the NASCLA exam you’re covered for whatever license classification you qualify for in about 20-25 states now. The only classification that requires an audited statement is a BD5 and that has to be a company net worth of $250K. BD3 & 4 are based on compiled financials and BD1 & 2 only require personal guaranteed financials. However in taking the NASCLA you also qualify for you CM Certificate with the same limits class as your GC license gives you. I’m a BD4 so I went ahead and got my Residential license too because here at the beach a house can be over my GC limit but until I grow the company in size I’m not interested in a commercial job over $1.5M nor want to pay $10K for an audited financial.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 03-22-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Fish and Salty, appreciate the input. I'd be looking to get licensed as a proxy for my company. I'll dig into it some more on the financial requirements.

Thanks!
    If you're looking to become the qualifying party for your company, do your due diligence legally and make sure you have a hold harmless letter (for you personally) for any permit that your license pulls.

As Salty said you can always adjust your classification up and down based on financials.

I misunderstood the direction you were going, was thinking you wanted it for starting your own personal company.

I've seen enough contractors to know that sweating licensure is a waste of your time if you can spell Jockey Lot.

JJ Johnson is who did the seminar I went to. He teaches you nothing, other than how to go about tabbing your books to prepare for the test. Which in reality is all you need
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Hot on the left, cold on the right and shit don't roll uphill.
    What else do you need to know to be a plumber?
    Payday Thursday
    Bluetick