Thread: Alpha 100 TT15 GPS Track/Train Bundle

Default Alpha 100 TT15 GPS Track/Train Bundle

Any of you who hunt with pointing dogs or retrievers using one of these? Seems like a decent value, but wondered if any of y'all are actually using one and like it. Feel free to post what you are using and why you like it. Seems like a lot of trainers and handlers like to keep their GPS and Beeper separate..Thank you.

Sincerely,

D. Nitz
    At least I'm housebroken.

I've used one but don't own one. Some of the boys I coon hunt with have them. They seem to like them because you can shock and tone a dog with it although they dont shock hardly ever, they like it to be able to tone a dog more than anything. The only thing to me is if the touch screen quit working id think you are fucked, unless you had someone else tracking them.

Edit to add: Sorry, ignored the pointing/ retriever part.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 03-21-2018 at 10:05 AM.

It’s the best thing going, especially for bird dogs and hounds. Now if your bird dogs don’t hunt big or ever get out of sight then you could get by with less.

There's buttons for Tone/Shock/Vibrate so if the touchscreen did go out you would still be ok.

It's a damn good unit. I use mine for my beagles and also for my lab on occasion. I thought I had lost Bubba going after a cripple that was running along the top of the water. We were hunting a flood in timber with a ripping current and he went out of hearing. Long/short he made his way back near us and we got the boat and found him. I owned an Alpha before I hunted again. But, with that said, I hate having that damn antenna on my lab's collar. Lab's shake after a retrieve and that thing will whip hell outta everything in it's path.

For a pointing dog, or a ranging dog like a hog/coon/bear/cougar/deer dog it's a no damn brainer. For beagles good because you can look at the track and see which dogs really are doing the check work and how well they're doing it. You can also set up a perimeter like an underground fence to keep your dogs away from trouble (roads, etc.)

I have one for my curs and really like it. Try the Birdseye view if you get one.

Will be money well spent

10.4...I have a setter getting ready for next season and need something. Been out of the game awhile and needed some advice. Many Thanks...pointin' dogs, retrievin' dogs, treein' dogs, flushin' dogs, rabbit dogs...all good.

I have been running the alpha system exclusively on my silent hog dogs for around four years and it is the best product out there so far. Birds eye with satellite imagery is a must.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

The only way to go. i use it on pointers. we quail hunt on a jeep and there is no more yelling for a dog blowing a whistle riding around wondering where he is on point. Ride right to him get out an shoot. Makes hunting with dogs as organized as possible

I'm planning on getting a dachshund sized dog for deer tracking. Will the TT15 be too big or do I need to go with the TT10?

thanks bug and full

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I'm planning on getting a dachshund sized dog for deer tracking. Will the TT15 be too big or do I need to go with the TT10?
    They are the same size collars. One has vibration and the other doesn’t.

You will need to go to the mini collars.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    They are the same size collars. One has vibration and the other doesn’t.

You will need to go to the mini collars.
    Definitely go with the mini collars

You should check out the new dogtra Pathfinder unit. It is half the price of the alpha and has very good reviews. Uses a cell phone as the handheld and has the shock feature. They say the maps are better than the Garmin as well and it is very user friendly compared to the alpha. I played with one one day and seems very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan goff View Post
    You should check out the new dogtra Pathfinder unit. It is half the price of the alpha and has very good reviews. Uses a cell phone as the handheld and has the shock feature. They say the maps are better than the Garmin as well and it is very user friendly compared to the alpha. I played with one one day and seems very nice.
    Cool...thanks. will look into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan goff View Post
    The problem with the cell phone is what happens when you don’t have service?

The quick track gps system was great in theory but when you lost service it was useless.

Get the garmin I use one everyday on my bloodhound. Never had a problem with service on the unit or collar. He likes to roam alll I got to do is beep him. I don’t have tt15 collar I use the tt10 collar so that’s alll I got besides the shock part. He doesn’t like the shock at alll. So one beep and he comes a running

The pathfinder claims you can use a cell phone that has no data plan attached. It states that it works off of an app that you download onto phone using WiFi.
    I haven't used one but did some research and talked with couple guys that use it over the Garmin.

As pork says. You don't need service or a phone with service. Just need the app on a phone or tablet to Bluetooth to transmitter. There are several people using these now and ditching garmins. I still have a astro 320 but when I upgraded it will be to a dogtra.