Bible Study Verse
Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher. (NIV)

Thoughts
Those of us with kids always wonder what they'll be like when they grow up. Actually, it is hard, sometimes, to even think of them as adults. But, it happens--they do grow up, quickly! As they grow physically, mentally, and spiritually, it's up to us as their parents to get them started right, to be their teachers. Think about it. What they learn from us, their parents, is the most important part of what they become. How do they learn? Mostly by watching. My Dad used to say, "Don't tell me, show me." How true that statement is. Yes, I hope my son learns hunting, shooting, and camping from me, and that he acquires a life-long love for outdoor activities. That's a legacy that I want to pass on to him, and he to his kids someday.

But, those things are nothing compared to what he really needs to learn from me and see in me. Things like faith, forgiveness, tithing, dependability, Bible study, how to treat a wife and his kids right, and how to disciple others so that they will also grow in our Lord.

So, as he grows up, will my son be like his teacher? Yes, he will. He will be whatever I've taught him to be; but more than that, he will be whatever I've shown him that I am. In the final analysis, I pray that I'm found to be a worthy teacher. Makes me stop and think. I hope it does you, too. (Cliff S)

Action Point
Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it, (NIV)." Take time to train your children, maybe even the kids next door. Teach them how to hunt, fish, and camp safely. Especially teach them about the Lord, all that He's done for us, and all that He is going to do for us in the future.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day

Teach your kids gun safety and ethical hunting by example. Remember, they'll hear your words, but they'll do what they see you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk