Thread: Mule Deer Outfitter

Default Mule Deer Outfitter

Does anyone have an outfitter they’d recommend? I don’t care which state if I can buy a license. I have 4 pref points in Wyoming, and have an outfitter i have hunted with and I know would be ok, but I’d like to look around for a top outfitter that isn’t $7k

US only?

I've hunted with Steve Grossman for birds in South Dakota but I believe he has added large game hunting. It's on the Cheyenne River Indian reservation (white horse South Dakota) and I believe he is the only outfitter to have access. He is first class http://www.wildprairielodge.com.

No, Canuck deer can die too

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    No, Canuck deer can die too
    Can’t help you for this season, but I’m heading to Canada for an elk hunt in September. The guy I’m going with is supposed to be covered up in mule deer as well. If my elk hunt goes as expected, I’ll likely hunt with him for mule deer, I’ll pass along his info if it’s a good trip/outfitter. It’s not a ‘cheap’ trip, but it’s very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Can’t help you for this season, but I’m heading to Canada for an elk hunt in September. The guy I’m going with is supposed to be covered up in mule deer as well. If my elk hunt goes as expected, I’ll likely hunt with him for mule deer, I’ll pass along his info if it’s a good trip/outfitter. It’s not a ‘cheap’ trip, but it’s very reasonable.
    That sounds pretty good. I’m kicking around options for this year and definitely next year

Got a hunt booked for this year with this guy http://www.bigbuckoutfitters.net

My friend has been every year with him for the past 10-12 years (it’s an understatement to say he likes the guy’s hunts). We booked back in August 2017 for October 2018 because most people like it so much they will book the same date for the following year while their still on the hunt. Luckily we booked before he made the new 2018 brochure. Dang if he didn’t go up $1500!! He honored the 2017 price for us since we booked before the brochure change.

Doing the Mulie and speed goat.

Edit: Sorry, didn’t see the “not $7K” on the first read.......
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 03-18-2018 at 07:22 PM.

star valley outfitters in alpine, WY. i elk hunted there but they have some unreal mule deer. y