Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shed Hunting

All the more reason to own a ESS! Looks like the little fella is coming along nicely! Ellie was excited to see these pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

My buddy that has shed dogs trains all of his but he doesn't use the rack wax but said when he took his dogs to tournaments they used it there. His dog ran the course record that day because they were on the starting line and the wind started to blow hard into their face and the dog caught wind of the first antler from the line and when released it bolted right to it and then the next few were also easy. It was a fluke that his dog got the record but still something to be proud of. He got offers for that dog that day but turned them down and a week later one of the guys called him up and offered him like $6k and a pup from a dog he has been wanting the bloodline from. He said the rack wax really helps them get the scent and is good for pups but he is just old school and doesn't use it. Just some food for thought.

Any update on this? Did you end up using the paste? I got a few I can use for training, but they aren't fresh and I assume the scent would be pretty weak on them.

Been thinking of working with my dog and the puppy found one yesterday while checking cameras.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 01-15-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Any update on this? Did you end up using the paste? I got a few I can use for training, but they aren't fresh and I assume the scent would be pretty weak on them.

Been thinking of working with my dog and the puppy found one yesterday while checking cameras.
    a fresh shed?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckhunter99 View Post
    His dog ran the course record that day because they were on the starting line and the wind started to blow hard into their face

Lucky dog.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    a fresh shed?
    I assume the smell is gonna be different than one that was recently shed in the wood vs one that was in the barn for a few years.