Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Sled

Yamaha F250’s. Going to run them until they die then repower with F300’s or F350’s when they come out on the V6 block. These got a lot of life left in them though.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 03-15-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Is there a coffin box in the front? What electronics ya got?
    Yes, 157gallon coffin box. I stuck a 70qt Coleman cooler in the tray and still have a ton of room. Boat has storage everywhere.

Simrad NSE12 and 9 on the displays, Simrad Autopilot, Northstar Radome, Fusion Stereo and ICOM VHF. On board charger, galvanic isolator, all pumps work, fresh and raw water wash down etc. Southport hasn’t changed much in this boat since it was introduced in 2005.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Sailfish? Hell no, I’d just keep the Pioneer over a Sailfish. It’s a Southport 28TE. It’s right at 31’ from bow to prop.
    My bad Saltydog! I'd love to see a nice side profile pic of it.
    every expert was once a beginner

That's a sweet rig Salty! Hope you enjoy her and bloody the deck soon.

Nice lookin' rig!

Let me know if you need somebody to split gas money...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Can you pull that beast with a 1/2 ton? The 2500 Cummins you had would yank that thing around like it wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Can you pull that beast with a 1/2 ton? The 2500 Cummins you had would yank that thing around like it wasn't there.
    Don’t know, I got an F250 that’ll yank it to the ramp 2 miles from the house. After that it’s going on a lift at GLM.

I saw that buddy of ours ride yesterday. Hell, I might be able to put the Southport in it.

Awesome. I made up my mind a while ago when I shuck my pioneer the 28 southport was what i was going to. What year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Very nice looking boat.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Awesome. I made up my mind a while ago when I shuck my pioneer the 28 southport was what i was going to. What year?
    This one is an 07. With the exception of some creature comforts or electrical shit to break, there is no difference in the 28 made in NC and the 292 in Maine. The tackle center leaning post is the same. A buddy has a 2007 26 and I love the way that Boat rides, pretty much steered me to this one, plus it was a helluva lot cheaper than a new one.

Check out the Taco seats. Just as comfortable as the Llebroc chairs but a good bit less. Made local too.

Edit: I don't see the ones I'm talking about on their website. Will send you a pic tomorrow.
    Last edited by Goin Coastal; 03-15-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Marsh Tacky Outriggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Marsh Tacky Outriggers.
    Not yet, Wes has a used set of white ones I’m thinking about.

That wide beam will help greatly! Great choice brother!
    Genesis 9;2

Hot damn...congrats! I'd do the seats asap!

Awesome boat!

Nice looking boat
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

very cool

Have this beast seen SC blue water yet?

What simrad autopilot you have?