Thread: Lefty Kreh

Default Lefty Kreh

I thought he died a little while back?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Nevermind. Seems that was a false alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Nevermind. Seems that was a false alarm.
    That was hashtag fake news

Damn shame. A life well lived.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Well that sucks. What Griffin said*

Yeah last time was a false alarm circulating amongst some South Florida guides... sad to hear.

I never met him, but a family friend took casting lessons from him. He was told his biggest issue was he " had a limp wrist"
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    I thought he died a little while back?
    Heck don't feel bad I just found out the man even lived much less died.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

"hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Most every fly fisherman that has fished a streamer has fished a deceiver.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Blue/white deceiver was hell on rockfish in the Congaree in springs of yore.

In the early 80s, we used to trail him in the Keys. He was unlike most in that he never yelled at us for watching where and how he caught fish- which he did on the reg. Big ones. He loved Bonefish , but we stood there one afternoon off Cudjoe Key and watched him do a dance on the bow of a skiff when he caught a medium sized Barracuda on a fly. He truly loved fishing.

I watched him limber up before starting his day of fishing more than once. He would put a rock in a paper cup and step back 25-30 yards and could drop a fly right into the top - in the wind. Amazing skill. My buddy Phillip asked him "how do you do that? " He grinned and said "100,000 missed attempts." Phillip went and bought a Kreh hat the next day. He even started eating Fig Newtons like Lefty in the failed hope that he could get some juju..

He normally ended up at the LorELei or Cheeca Lodge for his evening meal of habit - a Cuban roll with a well done piece of steak. I mean burnt. He was well known for his sense of humor and a master joke teller. I always loved his quote " There is more Bullshit in Flyfishing than a feedlot"

He lived one heck of a full life. Many don't know that he did shooting demonstrations for Remington and was a WWII Vet. Crossed Europe as an Artilleryman, survived the Battle of the Bulge and was involved in liberating more than one concentration camp.. He fished with Presidents, Athletes, Fidel Castro, Ernest Hemingway and many normal, run of the mill folks.

The Lefty's Deceiver was even on a Postage stamp.. Wish I had one of them.

Men of his caliber have always been rare and getting rarer..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

" There is more Bullshit in Flyfishing than a feedlot"

This is equally applicable to the Turkey Forum.
    DILLIGAF

Yes but this is the flyfishing forum. Didn't know him from adam but the fella seemed to be a nice guy from what I saw of him on TV and he came up with some awesome fly patterns, fact. Any flyfisherman knows who he was and that ain't bs.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles