Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: Fuel for thought.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Fuel for thought.

    Customer called me from Camden yesterday with fault code P228F on a 2015 F350. I told him to pull the fuel filter and water separator and report the findings in the canister and filter.





    Contaminated fuel.....

    If that crap would have made it past the filters to the fuel rail it would be a bad day.

    Change your fuel filters... often!
    More fuel = more boost!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    16,261

    Default

    One of the perks of owning a diesel and being in the cool kid diesel club.
    More fuel = more boost!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Metro
    Posts
    4,674

    Default

    I think I’d find a new gas station.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manning, SC
    Posts
    8,736

    Default

    I had an injector that seemed like it was starting to stick. Noticed some smoke on startup and got an out of balance code on cylinder 5. I put some diesel clean in it and it has gone away (code and smoke). Injector only has 15k on it. Could that have been some bad fuel or will it be back?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    16,261

    Default

    It will most likely be back.
    More fuel = more boost!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,341

    Default

    On my duramax I installed a "pre" filter on the frame rail that was a 2 micron filter. The engine filter is a 10 micron filter.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    16,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    On my duramax I installed a "pre" filter on the frame rail that was a 2 micron filter. The engine filter is a 10 micron filter.
    Yeah that 1200.00 FASS/Airdog install doesn’t look so bad after all.
    More fuel = more boost!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Newington GA
    Posts
    3,794

    Default

    Hmmmm, another Powerstroke problem and a duramax question. Food for thought exactly.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Honest question Kevin, you know I have no clue........does the Cummins not have these kinds of issues as often? Obviously the bad fuel could happen to any of them but it just seems the PS has more issues than others. I ask this bc as we talked a while back I'm gonna be in the market soon.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blythewood
    Posts
    16,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    Honest question Kevin, you know I have no clue........does the Cummins not have these kinds of issues as often? Obviously the bad fuel could happen to any of them but it just seems the PS has more issues than others. I ask this bc as we talked a while back I'm gonna be in the market soon.
    Short answer: Nobody with any sense owns a Cummins because outside of the motor, it's a colossal piece of crap.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Northwestern SC
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    I’m sitting in a parking lot in Greenville now. Duramax Down. 2016 with 47,000 miles. Fees like she ran out of fuel with 30 gallons left. Tow trucks headed my way. I might be headed to a ford dealership soon.
    Go Tigers!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    16,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Short answer: Nobody with any sense owns a Cummins because outside of the motor, it's a colossal piece of crap.
    And it sounds like a dang tractor......

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    16,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    I’m sitting in a parking lot in Greenville now. Duramax Down. 2016 with 47,000 miles. Fees like she ran out of fuel with 30 gallons left. Tow trucks headed my way. I might be headed to a ford dealership soon.
    High pressure pump took a shit. It will be there for weeks.
    More fuel = more boost!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    16,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    And it sounds like a dang tractor......
    Tractors are dependable.
    More fuel = more boost!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Newington GA
    Posts
    3,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Short answer: Nobody with any sense owns a Cummins because outside of the motor, it's a colossal piece of crap.
    Your answer should have read. Yes the Cummins is the most reliable motor of all. The reason why everyone loves a ford or Chevy they have better loaner cars.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Newington GA
    Posts
    3,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    I’m sitting in a parking lot in Greenville now. Duramax Down. 2016 with 47,000 miles. Fees like she ran out of fuel with 30 gallons left. Tow trucks headed my way. I might be headed to a ford dealership soon.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Banks of the Wateree
    Posts
    30,198

    Default

    I swear if I can get over the fact that I would feel like a pussy my next truck would be imported.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    16,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I swear if I can get over the fact that I would feel like a pussy my next truck would be imported.
    Join the cool kids diesel club.
    More fuel = more boost!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Northwestern SC
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    High pressure pump took a shit. It will be there for weeks.
    What I figured!
    Go Tigers!!!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    536

    Default

    6BT swap in anything but a Dodge. Problem solved.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •