Thread: 300 Blk Flash Can / Hider recommendation

Default 300 Blk Flash Can / Hider recommendation

I have started putting together a few more rifles from material I had. In the process, I am ending up with a pretty sweet
    300 Blk pistol. 8.5 stainless barrel, nickel boron BCG, ALG Defense trigger, SB Tactical brace. About all this one needs is a
    rail and a flash hider / can. No special use other than messing around and may be in the trunk of a car. What do any of you gurus in the know
    recommend? Do I just throw a $30 A2 birdcage on it or a KAK can? I am in this thing so cheap, I don't mind spending on the flash hider but don't
    want to if it's a non-issue or not really a noticeable difference maker.
    IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0077.JPG

I replaced a kak flashcan that was on a 10.5 inch 300 blackout with a standard A2 and didn't notice that big of a difference. Both seem to have less concussion than a 16 inch 5.56 with an A2 birdcage in my opinion. There may be a bigger difference on a 8.5 inch barrel but I didn't think the flashcan had enough benefits to justify the extra length compared to a A2 birdcage on a 10.5.

Kak can looks better and you can get a knockoff one on the cheap if you look around
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

I understand the flash can is beneficial if shooting at night to help with the blinding flash. But in an emergency, I am pretty sure
    I could tolerate it. Googling around to see what I can learn to be the best bang for the buck.

Best can IMHO, it hides the flash too.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/omega/
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 03-13-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I understand the flash can is beneficial if shooting at night to help with the blinding flash. But in an emergency, I am pretty sure
    I could tolerate it. Googling around to see what I can learn to be the best bang for the buck.
    Here's some interesting work that was done on Flash Hiders. There were two tests with different methods used for measuring the flash reduction. Test #2 was probably more realistic, but both show some good relative differences. It also shows that $$$'s doesn't necessarily = flash reduction improvement.

Test #2 including the explanation on the methodology...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...hiding-test-2/

The results from Test #1... (Note how good the old A2 is)...

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdn...-chart-lux.jpg

Here's the .30 caliber muzzle brake testing...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...le-brake-test/
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

You worried about pressure or actual flash?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You worried about pressure or actual flash?
    not sure really, I just need to buy something to screw on the end of this barrel,
    Not being suppressed in the near future. Is there a noticeable difference in a standard
    A2 $20 birdcage or a KAK flash can, or should I spend the $100 or so and get a nice linear compensator?

There is a major difference in sound. In flash I don't see any difference even in NV. The kak flash can does its job well with sound and muzzle blast. It's also $40 not $100
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    There is a major difference in sound. In flash I don't see any difference even in NV. The kak flash can does its job well with sound and muzzle blast. It's also $40 not $100
    Thanks, I just ordered the kak
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-14-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Came home from turkey hunting and my new 10 inch hand guard was on the front porch.
    Just finished her up. 300 Blkout 8.5 stainless barrel and a few other goodies.
    IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg

What can is that Rick?

Kak can is what it looks like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KAK Slim

Nice set-up. I have one that is almost, exactly the same except for a 1913 handguard and kak shockwave brace.