Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Garden Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Nice set-up. Still don't know how anything can grow in that sand land.
    Ain't nothing like a good sand land watermelon!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    very nice, mudder.

i bet those are fun to watch grow....
    Thank you sir. It's a labor of love. I'll be ready to start picking them and selling come July now that the hard work is taken care of.

Hell y'all are using all your house water to water them things. Lord knows there aint much water up there.
    cut\'em

We've got a pump to the greenhouse and to the watermelons that's fed off the pond. Hasn't went dry in 30 years so hoping it doesn't start now lol

Finally got mine in completely yesterday. Been mighty wet here till this week.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

What are y'all using for fertilizer? I have 2 tomato plants, 2 pepper plants, 2 zucchini , a mint and a basil plant.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Osmocote

Coming along nice now.... This is a New garden but still have corn, orka, and beans to plant. 3.5" of rain has that on hold for now ....
    Picked up this Covington planter from a friend and I planted a five acres of flowers with it once before so it will be the tits!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Peas coming up, squash and zucchini about to bloom and tomatoes finally looking like they will make something. Cucumbers about ready to latch on the baskets in the next few days.
    20180524_184820.jpg

got some cucumbers and squash growing. Tomatoes and jalepenos are blooming. Peas are looking good. Storm on weds laid all my sweet corn down. I stood it back up and staked it. We will see what happens
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

wind is a mess
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    got some cucumbers and squash growing. Tomatoes and jalepenos are blooming. Peas are looking good. Storm on weds laid all my sweet corn down. I stood it back up and staked it. We will see what happens
    Tell Mr. Charles to come over there and help you stand that corn up!

I forgot to add...Very nice shop!!!
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-25-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    Tell Mr. Charles to come over there and help you stand that corn up!

I forgot to add...Very nice shop!!!
    He said it should be fine. We will see. Im not much of a farmer but i was pretty proud of my corn. Was mighty pissed when i saw it all laid over

He said it should be fine. We will see. Im not much of a farmer but i was pretty proud of my corn. Was mighty pissed when i saw it all laid over
    That sucks... Your corn was looking good! If it's any consolation I just planted mine as well as okra and beans they're not even out the ground yet and with the pounding rain we've had not sure if it will... Also another consolation I had a major crabgrass problem and reluctantly I chose to spray it... I accidentally used crop oil instead of surfactant and it killed every single one of my blooming cantaloupes!

\"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    That sucks... Your corn was looking good! If it's any consolation I just planted mine as well as okra and beans they're not even out the ground yet and with the pounding rain we've had not sure if it will... Also another consolation I had a major crabgrass problem and reluctantly I chose to spray it... I accidentally used crop oil instead of surfactant and it killed every single one of my blooming cantaloupes!

I stood it all back up and staked it with cut up chinaberry sticks lol. Maybe it will make it. I lost one mater and one cucumber plant. Everything else is growing great. If my field will ever dry out so I can get the tractor in there I'm gonna try and get the wildlife mix planted. Came home last night and and a bull stud mounter bobwhite was running across my yard. Ive been hearing them more and more in the afternoons. Makes me smile

I stood it all back up and staked it with cut up chinaberry sticks lol. Maybe it will make it. I lost one mater and one cucumber plant. Everything else is growing great. If my field will ever dry out so I can get the tractor in there I'm gonna try and get the wildlife mix planted. Came home last night and and a bull stud mounter bobwhite was running across my yard. Ive been hearing them more and more in the afternoons. Makes me smile
    I have a couple of pairs in my yard as well...soothing sound for sure!

Took awhile but got it stood back up. Survived the storm yesterday and looked like some of the crooked ones had stood up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Roma tom (the only mater plant I have) is starting to put on fruits, squashes are blooming, been picking beans for a couple weeks but they're starting to slow production down the past few days, Cukes are flowering pretty heavy now and I saw the first fruit forming on the vine yesterday.
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 05-25-2018 at 09:41 AM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Garden 5-23.jpg

Zucchini and Watermelons on the bottom left are doing really well. Far right tommy toes are starting to produce fruit now. Peppers (top right) aren't doing much yet.

Corn (top left) was about 2 feet tall but got mowed down by what I thought was a rabbit. Turns out it was my wife's Shih Tzu. Time will tell if an ass whipping fixed that problem.

I got a male Chessie that will eat just about anything in the garden

Last edited by Calibogue; 05-25-2018 at 10:22 AM.