Thread: Sabine skiifs - aluminum poling skiffs

Default Sabine skiifs - aluminum poling skiffs

https://www.sabineskiffs.com

New aluminum polling skiff out on the market.. and to my knowledge the first aluminum boat designed to be quiet on the pole

Beavertail skiffs is also about to launch a cast and blast skiff as well called the Predator.

I will be moving away from the coast for a few years and my saltwater trips will be mostly the big bend area of Florida that is full of oyster and limestone rock... the Sabine would be perfect for that area.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

They have nice lines, but I wonder how well they'll hold up to the salt? And I'm guessing they're considerably less expensive than a Maverick, Hewes, EC, and/or HB?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    They have nice lines, but I wonder how well they'll hold up to the salt? And I'm guessing they're considerably less expensive than a Maverick, Hewes, EC, and/or HB?
    That would be an understatement as those run 40-60k. Will probably be more in line cost wise with Ankona.

The hull is made for saltwater, I imagine all the parts will be stainless and aluminum.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Looks like a cross between a maverick hpx hull with the flare of an east cape. I've been seeing a lot being put out on these boats lately.

I love their design and seem to find myself looking at there Instagram feed daily. I was also curious of the price point and at the end of the day, an aluminum boat wouldn’t hold up in the salt as well as a glass boat. Good looking rigs though

Looks like a nice boat, I want to see one in person.

This skiffs are more then you think. A used one was listed last March for 29k.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMills View Post
    This skiffs are more then you think. A used one was listed last March for 29k.
    I saw that, no longer need to see one in person. Back to my jon boat!

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    I saw that, no longer need to see one in person. Back to my jon boat!
    Yep. Cool boats, but it's hard to justify that price for the gains I'd get over the current setup for SC use. I screenshotted a price sheet on from their Instagram story a while back, I'll see if I can find it.

Good lookin' bote.

If y'all are right on the price tag, no thanks.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Yeah, you can get a sweet (used) HPX or Vantage for those prices. Good luck to 'em, but there'd have to be some major feature separating them from everybody else to justify.

I saw a review of the new Sabine Skiff in a fishing magazine. I thought it was pretty cool until they said a nicely equipped 17 footer with tiller was in the low to mid-30's.

Awesome boats but dang at the price . I guess if someone is ok with spending 70k on a pick up truck then price is no big deal .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town