Thread: Boat taxes

Default Boat taxes

So since duct tape is standing up for the citizens and all, why do 85% of my boat taxes/property taxes go to a public school me or my family do not attend???
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Don't take it personally, I think taxation without representation is all good. What a crock
    Last edited by swampshooter; 03-10-2018 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

With that being said..... Has the worst schools in the nation

They call it fishing for dummies.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    So since duct tape is standing up for the citizens and all, why do 85% of my boat taxes/property taxes go to a public school me or my family do not attend???
    Property taxes are a local tax. They fund local government. That includes the school buildings.

The state sales tax and income tax fund the employees of school, buses and supplies.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

You should get a tax break for private school. I imagine there are many good reasons you do not use public school that are no fault of your own.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

They gots to have new school building to learn bo.

It's truly amazing how a private school can get by on older buildings but public schools have to be replaced so often. It must be different builders.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    They gots to have new school building to learn bo.

It's truly amazing how a private school can get by on older buildings but public schools have to be replaced so often. It must be different builders.
    Even Charter Public Schools that are not bound by the bureaucracy of the school district outperform traditional schools by Leaps and Bounds, both fiscally and academically.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 03-10-2018 at 09:07 AM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The state sales tax and income tax fund the employees of school, buses and supplies.

What are y'all doing with the rest of it then? Because you sure as shit aren't allocating much to those things, schools are terrible, busses suck and teachers are way underpaid.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I am fortunate to live in a district with great schools but $1500 for boat taxes is highway robbery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My boat just turn 15 years old...it's a 2003. I am now free from boat/motor taxes!!!!!!

Not if it's a 1.5 million dollar boat. You play u gotta play!
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    Not if it's a 1.5 million dollar boat. You play u gotta play!
    I can assure you it’s not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    My boat just turn 15 years old...it's a 2003. I am now free from boat/motor taxes!!!!!!
    That’s by county. Not all of us are that lucky. I was in a county like that 4 years ago. Moved to summerville only to get taxed on boats that I hadn’t ever paid property taxes on.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    That’s by county. Not all of us are that lucky. I was in a county like that 4 years ago. Moved to summerville only to get taxed on boats that I hadn’t ever paid property taxes on.
    Hell don’t feel bad Greenville County sent me a bill on a boat I’d sold 5 years earlier and hadn’t lived in the county in 10.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Property taxes suck