Thread: The boom

Default The boom

hath been lowered...

Colusa man fined after admitting to baiting, killing wood ducks
    POSTED: 03/08/18, 4:48 PM PST | UPDATED: 29 SECS AGO # COMMENTS

A Colusa man was fined $7,500 Tuesday after pleading guilty to two misdemeanors related to baiting a field with corn and killing wood ducks drawn to it.

Ronald C. Simmons, 76, pleaded guilty to unlawful baiting and unlawful taking of a migratory game bird, in violation of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

According to court documents, on Oct. 21, 2017, opening day of waterfowl season in the Sacramento Valley, Simmons and his invited guests shot and killed 16 wood ducks over a baited cornfield at Butte Creek Farms.

Simmons, who managed a field on the Colusa County property, had previously rolled unharvested cornstalks and intentionally spread corn kernels onto the field as bait for wood ducks, a migratory bird.

Exposed and scattered corn kernels can lure and attract migratory birds. According to the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, it is unlawful to hunt migratory birds using bait.

http://www.chicoer.com/general-news/...ing-wood-ducks

Any 76 year old sumbitch who can kill 16 wood ducks in Cali is OK in my book.

We never saw many when I hunted there.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

They spent all of those resources prosecuting a wood duck hunter? What is going on in this world?

Are wood ducks really in such decline that we need to utilize all resources to prosecute what a bunch of people are doing everyday?
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 03-08-2018 at 08:56 PM.

And this is a boom how? Cause he was caught? Sounds like majority of the duck hunters in SC I know...
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Colusa holds a ton of ducks and geese. Killing a wood duck out there is a big deal.

A field shoot for woodies would be awesome!

Some "hunters" bring water to their corn, others bring corn to their water.......not much difference in my book.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

That's ok in my book.Hell who hasn't known "someone" whose done it.

I was hoping the old geezer had killed 61 over the limit. Now that would be a bunch of boom

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    A field shoot for woodies would be awesome!

Some "hunters" bring water to their corn, others bring corn to their water.......not much difference in my book.
    There is no difference.
    Claiming otherwise is just silly.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Hope it was a roost shoot. Only way to make that better.