Thread: 1999 Hurricane 201 Repower

Default 1999 Hurricane 201 Repower

Pops boat came with a 115 yam 2stroke ....has never left keowee but he has the itch for some more power Max hp is 200).

-Can these boats handle 4 stroke weight or are we stuck with 2 stroke tech?

Yammi 90 would work 4 stroke
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Thinking 150....thus the more HP

For comparison sake, a Yamaha F150 and an early 2000's era 200 HPDI are virtually identical weight wise.

I was going to suggest you contact Hurricane and saw where you asked on their website. Maybe they will respond.

I may be interested in the 115 if you pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by We Jeep Inn View Post
    I was going to suggest you contact Hurricane and saw where you asked on their website. Maybe they will respond.

I may be interested in the 115 if you pull it.
    Yep also left vm and email couple days ago and nada

For real read about the NEW 90 4stroke Yammi. Less weight and more gettiup than the older ones.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    For real read about the NEW 90 4stroke Yammi. Less weight and more gettiup than the older ones.
    who the hell wants a 90 on a big fiberglass hurricane deck boat- and the already said they want MORE power

If he is worried about weight he might.

a 90 hp wouldnt plane that boat guys...

Call Marshall’s marine down in lake city. They’re a big hurricane dealer and I’m sure they’ve done some repower jobs.

Not reinventing there wheel here folks...you can put a 150 four stroke on the back that weighs equal to or less than what a 200hp(that it is currently rated for) 2 stroke motor from that era weighs

Might be interested in the 115...is it the C115(premix, squared off cowling) or the S115(precision blend, rounded cowling)?? Hours?

Researching repower first but the current engine is great.

1999 Yam 115 Salt Water Series EFI (not sure why SS on freshwater boat but thats what came on it) 600hrs with everyone on Keowee or Jocasee.

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    Researching repower first but the current engine is great.

1999 Yam 115 Salt Water Series EFI (not sure why SS on freshwater boat but thats what came on it) 600hrs with everyone on Keowee or Jocasee.
    I may be mistaken, but I don't think that motor was available with efi.

I don't know about a 1999, but I have a 2015 Hurricane 18.5ft with a 150hp Yamaha 4-stroke. It's great and will run right around 50mph.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot Uniform View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I don't think that motor was available with efi.
    I think that 98 was when they went efi. The 1999 250s are efi

115 wasn't offered to my knowledge in FI...that saltwater series motor is oil injected, but not fuel injected. Ox66 is yamaha's designation for fuel injection, and I believe it first came out in 97 on the larger V6 engines 225/250. Have owned several of them over the years and they have always been super reliable albeit a little thirsty.

Let me know what you want for that 115 when you're ready to snatch it off the back of that deck boat... Would be very interested in talking to you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Let me know what you want for that 115 when you're ready to snatch it off the back of that deck boat... Would be very interested in talking to you about it.
    See post #5... I'd be interested in it as well.

I am fairly certain that the boat could handle a 4 stroke. However, I would either wait for the current engine to fail or buy a similar boat with more HP. The performance difference between what you have any a 150hp would be very hard for me to justify for the amount of money you are going to spend on the engine and possibly the controls as well and labor to install. That being said, I'd be happy to sell you a brand new 150hp or 200hp Mercury. The 115hp on it should have a nice resell value as this is the maximum hp for a lot of pontoon boats. Better yet, come buy a Berkshire Tri-toon from me with a 250 hp.
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what they had to teach; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN

Quote Originally Posted by We Jeep Inn View Post
    See post #5... I'd be interested in it as well.
    Ok....so because you are interested in it that means I can't be? I bet you damn near claim a full limit of other peoples birds in the dove field....