Thread: HF Predator 2000W Generator

Default HF Predator 2000W Generator

Harbor Freight has a Honda knockoff that’s around $400 with a coupon. Has anyone on here bought one, used one, etc? I know I can watch YouTube videos for reviews, but would rather hear from someone with some first hand knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson

We use one for work occasionally. It works fine. It is a little louder than the Honda, but for half the price you can live with it.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

I have one and I love it. Is it a Honda?...no, but it didn't cost as much. I can buy two and still be cheaper than the honda.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

We bought two of these a few years ago when they were on sale on Black Friday. Keep oil in them and try to use nonethanol and they'll work fine. We let one get low on oil one time and that sensor never worked right again. Perfect for short power outages and stuff. They aren't real quiet but that don't bother me.

How long will they run with a full load?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I've got one. Works great and starts usually on the 1st pull. If not, it always fires on the 2nd.

I got it for camping and work out in the yard. It has not made me regret my purchase (yet).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I’ve got a 6500 for the house for storms, but would love a portable one for camping, tailgates, and boat. For the price, it’s kinda like a that old adage, why buy a Benelli if the 870 won’t let you down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson

Thta's mostly what we used ours for. It will run a good 12-13 hours on a medium load. If you throw a bunch of heaters you'll get 8 or so. They are definitely worth the money.

I've got one that has run like a champ for 5 years, cranked once a month, sometimes longer breaks. Worth every penny, agreed on run time above. Yes it's noisy but dependable. I don't pamper mine at all.