Thread: WTB Ranger RT 178 or Rt 188 or Triton 1860

Default WTB Ranger RT 178 or Rt 188 or Triton 1860

Where do you experts suggest I start looking for Ranger or Triton. Looking for a new 2017 or 2018.

I have an Express xp18 with a f90 and its a good all around boat. If I didn't hunt out of it, I would have a fiberglass boat for sure though.

Not going to hunt it, but need something one man can manage and that will run slowly when i want to just putter around.

What lakes will you be using it on?

Being as they are the same boat, I would choose the Triton since its a few dollars cheaper.

Also, my friends just bought a 2014 rt178 with 5 hours on it for $15k. .... No way in hell I'd buy a new one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Cat, 90% of the time Russell, a bit in Greenwood.

Sheep, yep if I find that kind of a deal believe me I won't go new. But 2014 is about my lower limit, unless something really unusual come along.

I am living on Craigslist and boat trader, but no deals like that as of yet. Was wondering what dealers you guys know that might offer the best pricing.

I bought an 1860 with a barely used Yamaha 90hp 2 stroke off CL last summer. Had the interior LineX’d and put a new chart plotter on it. Love that Boat.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by stant View Post

Sheep, yep if I find that kind of a deal believe me I won't go new. But 2014 is about my lower limit, unless something really unusual come along.

I am living on Craigslist and boat trader, but no deals like that as of yet. Was wondering what dealers you guys know that might offer the best pricing.

I would look hard at a 20 ft model or bigger. There's a big difference in rough water.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-07-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stant View Post

You checked out 72 Marine? Believe they are a Triton and Ranger dealer.

Their used inventory is limited at present, have not talked to them about new yet, but they are on my list just due to proximity.

Cat Daddy, the 20ft is just too big for me. I fish alone most of the time so ease of handling is critical. But thanks for the suggestion. I think the 1860 is as big as I can reasonably go, and it may push my limits a bit.

Boy in Spartanburg has a 2015 Ranger 188 RT with 20hrs on 115 Merc, $27,000. Looks like it has a Lowrance 7" and Minn Kota 80lb trolling motor and 3 bank charger.

Saw a 2015 Triton in Sumter 18TX with a 115 Merc with under 150hrs, 2 Lowrance finders, Minn Kota all that shit for $18,500

Look on FB marketplace.
    Last edited by dox08; 03-07-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    "run and gun guide service"

Being one of the last 3 people on who refuse to join FB i will miss those opportunities. The price on that triton sounds a lot closer. Saw a Lowe 1860 yesterday in Charleston that i liked. Dealer out in Ladson had it. May have to add them to my list.

FB is for sissies. All sissies goin to hell

Just go to the TD center when the Bass Masters comes to town and they will have what you are looking for and you will be able to talk to diffrent boat centers

Thank you, that is a great idea!