Thread: Trolling motor battery

Default Trolling motor battery

What’s the best? Glitter boat needs 2 new ones
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

No idea what's top of the line best right now, I run 2 generic group 27s with no issues. Biggest thing for me is having them hooked up to a stealth charger on the boat.

Never had a problem out of the 29 group from walmart. Usually average 3 to 4 years out of them running a 36 volt trolling motor.

Looking at the optima 34s. They are pricey but have good reviews. Only thing is I read something about special charging instructions for them

Buy a couple of Interstates, get 4-5yrs out of them and replace them.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I got tired of replacing the cheap batteries. Seems like they always failed as soon as the warranty was up. Went to an optima blue top 4 years ago and have zero complaints. No telling how many recharges it has had.

I generally put a trickle charger on it immediately afterwards. I read somewhere you should always charge a battery within 24 hours.

Just running 12v.

I am on year 10 with an optima D31M blue top. No complaints.
    Last edited by BRR; 03-04-2018 at 10:33 PM.

I’ve had blue top Optimas and couldnt tell a difference from a $100 battery.
    I’m now running group 27 Interstates mainly because they sell them near my house. Just had one go bad after being a year old but other than that they hold a charge great. Never had them go dead on me while on the water.
    I hear lot of people giving good reviews about the Duracell’s from Sams.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    I am on year 10 with an optima D31M blue top. No complaints.

Good to hear. How you charging them? Onboard charger? I have a 3 bank on my boat and typically plug my boat in after I use it if I’m gonna use it the next day. If it’s going t be a week or so I leave it unplugged until the day before I plan to go out
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 03-04-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Been using duracell agms group 32 from sams club for 4 years.they been great

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyhill View Post
    Been using duracell agms group 32 from sams club for 4 years.they been great
    This is what I went with in my boat. No issues and have been pleased.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

I'm a big fan of Walmart's Everstart series...it might be named something else for the deep cycle batteries. Everybody makes a bad one occasionally but I've only had one bad one from Walmart - it was quickly replaced with no fuss whatsoever.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I picked up 3 duracells from Sams this past year. Seemed to be the fair price at the time, hopefully I will get the same usage as mention above. I have on board charger and battery tender for the starting battery.

Just get some from sams/Walmart and replace them every spring before the warranty goes up. Fuck Walmart
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I also use the Sam's Duracell AGM batteries. I think they are $20 off until March 25.
    Make sure you get a good quality on-board charger. I no longer buy Lead-Acid batteries for my boats.
    I go all AGM. They last much longer and they are sealed - so you never have to add any distilled water etc.
    I got 9 years out of my last pair of trolling motor AGMs.

Pm sent Visorguy