Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky the anchor held

Default Lucky the anchor held

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit man. That tow boat Captain got some skillz......

What kinda boat is that? A Venture or Bahama? And what were they doing so close to those rocks? Don't see a whole lotta $400K CC's fishing for bsb's and sheeps inshore.

$$$ > common sense

That person jump in or fall in?

That could've gotten real ugly real fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    What kinda boat is that? A Venture or Bahama? And what were they doing so close to those rocks? Don't see a whole lotta $400K CC's fishing for bsb's and sheeps inshore.

$$$ > common sense
    I do not see a rod. Looks like they lost power and were lucky to get an anchor to grab. Impressive amount of water flowing through there.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post

$$$ > common sense
    Neither....boat is bracketed. Both Ventures and Bahamas have the "Contender style" slant/integrated transoms...looking at it on my phone I would say it is an older Jupiter.

From what I read, they were out there to watch the waves. Apparently there were several boats out there to just watch how rough the waves were. They got a little too close, had some motor problems and started getting swept off.
    Last edited by SCmudder7071; 03-05-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Jupiter, those damn Suzukis...........

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Neither....boat is bracketed. Both Ventures and Bahamas have the "Contender style" slant/integrated transoms...looking at it on my phone I would say it is an older Jupiter.
    I think you're right. Looks like a Jupiter badge on the gunwale, and it also has that stripe all Jup's have just above the chines. I figured it was a newer boat because of the white cowlings.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 03-05-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Damn, people are idiots. Lucky they made it out.
    "run and gun guide service"

That Inlet is notorious for taking CCs down.

Watching waves huh....
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

That’s a bad inlet. A lot of boats have seen the bottom and many people took their last breath there. Curious as to what caused the problem
    cut\'em

That looked like a kid that got thrown out.

When living in South Florida I avoided Jupiter in the wintertime but did make a trip through Boynton which scares the shit out of me..... he'll Port Everglades on a calm day made my nervous on every passage simply due to the amount of traffic that would cause any engine problem to be catastrophic. I watch a center console flip on calm summer day in Port Everglades simply from boat wake, I can't imagine when throwing in waves like the video.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

That has my heart racing faster than any Hollywood movie ever has...scary stuff...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

That can be a hell of an inlet and thats not even a bad day.
    That anchor catching absolutely saved that boat. Good work by towboat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    When living in South Florida I avoided Jupiter in the wintertime but did make a trip through Boynton which scares the shit out of me..... he'll Port Everglades on a calm day made my nervous on every passage simply due to the amount of traffic that would cause any engine problem to be catastrophic. I watch a center console flip on calm summer day in Port Everglades simply from boat wake, I can't imagine when throwing in waves like the video.
    I used to sail small boats out of Lauderdale Yacht Club for a week or two every year. Boaters there may be the most inconsiderate anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    I used to sail small boats out of Lauderdale Yacht Club for a week or two every year. Boaters there may be the most inconsiderate anywhere.
    The southern jetties are some of the premier large snook habitat in the area on an outgoing tide.... the problem is channel is not a no wake zone. with passing cruise ships and 100s of sportfishers on plane make it near impossible to fish. With a keen eye and a midnight full moon I have given it a try on a few occasions out of my skiff.... nerve-racking and the site of an approaching boat would cause me to take off and dip behind the southeast jetty at the expense of a few extra drifts.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

They were lucky tide was going out and pushing them off the rocks. Better hope they had a Tow Boat US membership or they will be looking at a staggering bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.