Thread: Canada

Default Canada

Just got the following email:

Hello

As you may know, the Canadian Wildlife Service of Environment and Climate Change Canada is responsible for the management of migratory bird hunting in Canada. The Migratory Birds Regulations require both a Migratory Game Bird Hunting (MGBH) Permit and an affixed Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation (CWHC) Stamp for the hunting of any migratory bird listed under the Migratory Birds Convention Act, 1994. As a hunter who has previously purchased and MGBH permit, we wanted to advise you that the Canadian Wildlife Service is proposing to increase the price of the Conservation Stamp and Permit. This increase will help support greater habitat conservation efforts and cost recovery for the program.

The Canadian Wildlife Service wishes to solicit feedback on this proposal to ensure that all viewpoints have been considered before final proposals are drafted. You will find the proposal using this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...vice-fees.html. Any questions or comments should be sent by March 21, 2018 by email to : ec.ReglementsFaune-WildlifeRegulations.ec@canada.ca or by mail to : Caroline Ladanowski, Director Wildlife Management and Regulatory Affairs, Canadian Wildlife Service, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Gatineau, Québec, Canada, K1A 0H3.

All comments received on this proposal to increase service fees will be reviewed and considered before the final proposal is drafted for consultation period anticipated in the Canada Gazette, Part I, in the fall of 2018.

Caroline Ladanowski, M.Eng., P.Eng.
    Director, Wildlife Management and Regulatory Affairs Division, Canadian Wildlife Service
    Environment and Climate Change Canada | Government of Canada
    351 St. Joseph Blvd., 16th Floor
    Gatineau, QC K1A OH3
    Caroline.Ladanowski@canada.ca | Tel819)938-4105

Nice breakdown in the link. Interesting that they expect a decrease in permit purchases.

I am still pissed that they outlawed most pocket knives from crossing the border.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I am still pissed that they outlawed most pocket knives from crossing the border.
    lol. I had an extra blade from my edge razor taken. They left me with the knife and a blade affixed to it. Wth
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

They even took the P38 I'd carried since being a scout as a child.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron