Thread: Was bored

Default Was bored

If you had to pick four ducks to judge the quality of habitat for a state which ducks would you pick and why? Also which states along the Atlantic Flyway would you compare?

Well as the title says I was bored and pick the Mallard, Gadwall, Wood Duck, and American Greenwing Teal.
    The states I pick are SC, NC, GA, VA, and MD.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

The information I compared is total number of ducks harvested for that select species and the total number of federal duck stamps sold in that state in corresponding years.

Last questions...
    Can comparing the number of ducks harvested for the species I selected be a good indicator for the overall quality of habitat for those states?
    Can comparing those states numbers be a good indication of overall quality of the Atlantic Flyway?
    Last edited by darealdeal; 02-28-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I’m not sure I quite understand your question.

Are you asking if there is a correlation between those 4 species being present in large numbers as a representation quality of habitat in SC?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

i think he is just talking about overall population health as it equates to the number of those ducks you would see in SC.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I’m not sure I quite understand your question.

Are you asking if there is a correlation between those 4 species being present in large numbers as a representation quality of habitat in SC?
    I edited hope that it makes more sense.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

If SC is overrun with gadwall and ringnecks everybody's going to have a pretty good year.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    If SC is overrun with gadwall and ringnecks everybody's going to have a pretty good year.
    I just picked the ducks I picked because I like to hunt for those species and was curious about the populations.

Someone should make a pole.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Someone should make a pole.
    Ha ha...And put a spinning wing gadwall on the top?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Ha ha...And put a spinning wing gadwall on the top?
    Haha made a poll but dang forgot the spinning wing gadwall and the dang I also didn't put hybrids on it. Sorry Bogster!