Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fishing for redfish from the bank

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Black bart lures are named after the pirate, black bart. The pirate was called black Bart because he was really good at shooting hoops and drank grape flavored pirates rum. And his name was Bart.
    Did they have arm floaties back then?

The man that owns B.B. lures is a class act. I worked there in 03/04 in the afternoons skirting lures
    while my boat was getting a major refit. Got to know Bart fairly well and talked a lot of fishing. Jack Tullius, the owner of B.B. lures became a good friend to me, and was basically a god send for Bart who had come to Florida after he ran the Fonda Fishin’ in the BBC.

Patented orange life jackets

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    God designed spottails to be pursued and caught in the grass on flood tides with weightless plastic shrimp or on a fly....

Any other way is equally effective, but not quite as fulfilling.
    I will take winter time schools, clear water, and mud flats any day....

But that is a moot point because the God I know made a turtle grass flat sheltered by a red mangrove island for his own personal redfish habitat.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Alright fellas,im heading out in the morning to try my first time.Im going to be taking my 67 yr friend who fell out of his deer stand at 50ft with me to catch our first reds and help him cross it off his bucket list.Im going to try the stono's creek mouths first to try some reds and trout.What type of rigs would yall recommend to try first with what size hooks?I got popping corks with circle hooks from 2/0-4/0.Does anyone know where to get live bait and what kind should i get?Im not trying to complicate things,i just love the feeling of seeing him catch his first red.Please and thanks.