Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Season

Default Great Season

Finished the season out with a heck of a hunt this afternoon, killed 15 in under 3hrs.
    Last year we ended up with 201 and decided to go for 300 this year. The 15 from today put us at 302. The best part being that we beat last year by 100 in a lesser amount of hunts.
    Got to meet some scduckers over the season and had some great hunts with great friends and a pretty good dog.

Here's a few pics, hope y'all enjoy
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    This afternoons hunt, we got back to the truck and realized Jake wasn't with us, I was reaching for my GPS when he started barking. 237 yards and locked on, I could tell there wasn't any calling him off. Dhall killed the last on of the year and I got to kill #300
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Now I'm ready to catch some fish and chase a turkey.
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 02-25-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Here is a dump of all my hunts with Jake and DC this year

Last edited by dhall1693; 02-25-2018 at 10:11 PM.
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

That dog is the real deal. It's a blast to see him follow a running squirrel jumping from tree to tree

Nice ! BJ

Good work!

Serious question, why shotguns vs .22?
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Serious question, why shotguns vs .22?
    Shooting a shotgun in the nests= more squirrels.

That's a pile of squirrels. Nice work Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Shooting a shotgun in the nests= more squirrels.
    You done lost your 1/2 witted Georgia mind if you think we walk around just shooting nests.

#1 rule is we don't shoot unless Jake barks. Now if he's barking on a tree with a nest on it then it's fair game after we look over the rest of the tree good. Most of the time though we save the shotguns for when they timber from tree to tree. But we never just shoot random nests and I refuse to hunt with someone that does

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    You done lost your 1/2 witted Georgia mind if you think we walk around just shooting nests.

#1 rule is we don't shoot unless Jake barks. Now if he's barking on a tree with a nest on it then it's fair game after we look over the rest of the tree good. Most of the time though we save the shotguns for when they timber from tree to tree. But we never just shoot random nests and I refuse to hunt with someone that does
    So you don’t shoot random nests, y’all shoot all of them. Thanks for the clarification.

Has there ever been a thread on here that someone didn't attempt to screw up? Dadgum...

Any, good job on a great season, DC.

I can vouch for this young man's ethic's. He wouldn't let me blast a Wood duck with 2 minutes remaining til legal shooting time.
    Young man was counting down out loud when the dang ducks were buzzing me..
    "Not yet Rick" "Not yet Rick"

So you don’t shoot random nests, y’all shoot all of them. Thanks for the clarification.

Let me clarify this. You could call my sister a two-bit whore and I wouldn't care. But insinuating my dog wasn't responsible for the death of every one of those squirrels crosses the line. Give me a call next season and we'll hunt. Jake can do the rest of my talking for me then.

DuckCutter about wooped his own dad, over shooting a squirrel that the dog didn't bark at. Hell yesterday I didn't even want to shoot a squirrel that another dog that was with us treed.
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Looks like a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Let me clarify this. You could call my sister a two-bit whore and I wouldn't care. But insinuating my dog wasn't responsible for the death of every one of those squirrels crosses the line. Give me a call next season and we'll hunt. Jake can do the rest of my talking for me then.
    Hahaha, I have no doubt your dog is a squirrel killing machine. And I hope y’all kill everyone between here and their. So if I insulted you or Jake, please accept my apology and FYI if you seen what them bitches will do when they get in a attic, I Shotgun the nests .

It takes a lot to make a real squirrel dog. One thing you can’t have is someone out front pulling vines and shooting nests. I’m sure DC will tell you how much time and effort he has put into Jake and I guarantee if he is what I think he is you cannot put a price on it. Through the years you learn what you can and can’t do and the number 1 thing after safety of course is you have to let the dog do his job. That’s why a “real” squirrel dog usually ain’t for sale and if he is it’s big $. Congrats to you and Jake on a great season. BJ

Try $3,000 to $8,000 range for a finished dog.

Great season, congrats to you fellas. Thanks again for showing us how it's done.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Hahaha, I have no doubt your dog is a squirrel killing machine. And I hope y’all kill everyone between here and their. So if I insulted you or Jake, please accept my apology and FYI if you seen what them bitches will do when they get in a attic, I Shotgun the nests .
    We're cool man, I was just trying to stir the pot a little on a Monday morning. I know what they can do to an attic, I've also seen them eat aluminum skylight flashing so I don't blame you for killing them however necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by justhuntin View Post
    It takes a lot to make a real squirrel dog. One thing you can’t have is someone out front pulling vines and shooting nests. I’m sure DC will tell you how much time and effort he has put into Jake and I guarantee if he is what I think he is you cannot put a price on it. Through the years you learn what you can and can’t do and the number 1 thing after safety of course is you have to let the dog do his job. That’s why a “real” squirrel dog usually ain’t for sale and if he is it’s big $. Congrats to you and Jake on a great season. BJ
    Thanks BJ, I hope y'all had a good season.
    Spot on post