Bible Study Verses
Psalms 25:4-5
Show me your ways, Lord,
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. (NIV)

Thoughts
When my family first started backpacking, we learned quickly about making sure to have the right compass and/or maps. Walking up and down the aisles at Cabela's, we found many varieties of compasses. As we stood there trying to sort out all the information, the question became, "Do we want compasses or would we be better off just getting a GPS?"

Being the purists that we are, we finally decided to do it the old-fashioned way and use compasses in conjunction with good quality maps. The reason that finding the right compass was so important to us was very simple, we didn't want to get lost out on the trail. Should we be uncertain as to which way to turn when we reached the crossroads of the trail, we could simply look at the compass and know that the route we were taking was the right one. Being lost is not fun!

Fortunately for us as Christians, God has provided us all the directions we need for this life through his compass, the Bible. Life has a way of muddying the picture for us and it's easy to get turned around or lost. That's why it's imperative that we make God's Word a staple part of our daily lives.

It's really not important what I think about the issues that may confront me; it's more important that I know what God has to say about them. His response needs to be mine!
(Dave M)

Action Point
Let's rely on God's Word daily as our compass to this life. We need to read it and let it soak in, so that our lives will be transformed into what God desires for each of us.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you are going to go backpacking out in the bush, make sure that the maps you take have a laminate covering. You don't want to get out there and have the print become indecipherable due to rain or snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk