Thread: Sportsman’s Devotional 2/23

Default Sportsman’s Devotional 2/23

Bible Study Verse
    I Thessalonians 5:22
    Abstain from all appearance of evil. (KJV)

Thoughts
    Billy Graham will be the fourth private citizen to be honored since 1852 and the 32nd of all Rotunda Honors. His pine coffin will rest on the same platform, cataalque, that was used for President Abraham *******'s casket. The simple wood casket was nade by inmates at the Louisiana State Penitentiary.

To pay your respects at the Rotunda of the Capital February 28 and March 1, 2018 with permission by his family and executed by the Senate and the House of Representatives leadership.

1 " 'All that I have been able to do, I owe to Jesus Christ. When you honor me, you are really honoring Him. Any honors I have received, I accept with a sense of inadequacy and humility, and I will reserve the right to hand all of these someday to Christ, when I see Him face-to-face.' -Billy Graham."

1 From Billy Graham's Facebook page dated 2/21/18.
    (Jo Q)

Action Point
    Billy Graham was one of God's men and lived an excellent example for all of us. There wasn't an inch given for Satan to attack him or his team by private lunches and private meetings with questionable partners.

How many affairs, gossip, lost careers, failing businesses, split marriages and lawsuits would be avoided by following his example?

Sportsmen'sTip of the Day
    We should all study God's living Word, pray and prepare to spend eternity with our Lord Jesus Christ and Billy. God bless you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies