Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody had any experience with a Club Car XRT 1550 SE?

Default Anybody had any experience with a Club Car XRT 1550 SE?

Looking to upgrade the golf cart to something a little more capable offroad that can carry all of the family at the same time...not wanting to go full bore utility machine/Side by side as this would get a lot of use around town as well as at the dove fields and deer hunting. This Club Car is what I am currently leaning towards as I can still insure and register it with SCDMV as a golf cart and use it around town and at the lake house, something I cannot do with a Mule/Ranger.

Looking at the gas XRT 1550 SE 4x4....apparently it is the same as the Bobcat 2300 and both are made by Ingersol Rand. I see them all over large industrial jobsites and the seem to hold up relatively well as best I can tell....just looking at some alternatives to the current gas cart.

I had a crew cab Club Car Pioneer 1200SE. It did not meet our needs on a farm. Constant issues with belts/clutches.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Looking to upgrade the golf cart to something a little more capable offroad that can carry all of the family at the same time...not wanting to go full bore utility machine/Side by side as this would get a lot of use around town as well as at the dove fields and deer hunting. This Club Car is what I am currently leaning towards as I can still insure and register it with SCDMV as a golf cart and use it around town and at the lake house, something I cannot do with a Mule/Ranger.

Looking at the gas XRT 1550 SE 4x4....apparently it is the same as the Bobcat 2300 and both are made by Ingersol Rand. I see them all over large industrial jobsites and the seem to hold up relatively well as best I can tell....just looking at some alternatives to the current gas cart.

Just got rid of mine. I had the diesel in mine. It’s a work horse for sure. My rear diff was not working and both front tie rods were done for. This is very common in these from the research I did and very expensive to repair the diff. I bought a 6 wheel Polaris ranger at auction and like it a lot.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Just got rid of mine. I had the diesel in mine. It’s a work horse for sure. My rear diff was not working and both front tie rods were done for. This is very common in these from the research I did and very expensive to repair the diff. I bought a 6 wheel Polaris ranger at auction and like it a lot.
    What kind of hours did you have on yours? I am not looking at them in the used market as the majority of them(used) seem to be coming out of fleet duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    I had a crew cab Club Car Pioneer 1200SE. It did not meet our needs on a farm. Constant issues with belts/clutches.
    Correct me if I am wrong but was the 1200 not just a different work/utility body on a golf cart frame? I believe it had the same 13.5 HP Kawa engine and right hand centrifugal belt drive as my golf cart, no??

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    I’m with you, rides smoother and pulls better than a 4 wheel ranger.

What kind of hours did you have on yours? I am not looking at them in the used market as the majority of them(used) seem to be coming out of fleet duty.
    Go Tigers!!!

Dang man. This will make like 5 new carts in two years or something like that. Settle in on something. I thought the ezgo was a long term cart.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Dang man. This will make like 5 new carts in two years or something like that. Settle in on something. I thought the ezgo was a long term cart.
    It's four carts in three years but who's counting?? You know how much we use our cart and the ezgo gas is great, but we want a 4 seat side by side for the kids but can't roll around town in that. Can't honesty justify having a golf cart, a side by side, and the four wheeler, on top of running out of room to put stuff.

That ezgo will be fine in and around the dove field no problem.

I have a client that has two new club car utility vehicles for sale. He just bought the dealership and these were in inventory. I'll get specifics on models next week.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Correct me if I am wrong but was the 1200 not just a different work/utility body on a golf cart frame? I believe it had the same 13.5 HP Kawa engine and right hand centrifugal belt drive as my golf cart, no??
    Sounds right but it was built by Ingersol Rand and advertised as a heavier duty workhorse than a regular golf cart

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    I’m happy with mine so far. It’s older, 2006, but low hours, 230. Now I just need a reasonablely priced windshield.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    You pull that thing around so you don’t have to walk.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    You pull that thing around so you don’t have to walk.
    Oh ,I didn’t even know it was hooked up as usual. What was this weeks bank roll working on them powerstrokes? You would be out of business working on them Cummins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha I think we’d get along just fine... #powerstroke
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Hahaha I think we’d get along just fine... #powerstroke
    Speaking of Cummins, boss man got a ally extended warranty,you familiar with it.

Oh yeah.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Good or bad,

They are great if worded correctly to the rep taking the call.
    More fuel = more boost!!