Thread: Do we agree its time to ban them ?

Default Do we agree its time to ban them ?

I am SICK AND TIRED of reading about more deaths everyday because of these things.

When I was a kid, nobody had these things. Yet, most Americans insist on owning and using them. WE HAVE NO control if their owners use them responsibly or not. We have absolutely never needed these things before and we can get by without them. Some idiots use them as some sort of fashion statement to compensate their ‘limp’ self-image. There are even conventions to show them off, in spite of the fact that they know the damage they can cause.

"I need it" "It's my right" "It is the user's fault"

Yet, the manufacturers donate millions of dollars to politicians each year, so Congress won’t do a damn thing to stop them.

It is estimated that every day in America, 9 people are killed and over 1000 injured just in accidents and millions of dollars in damage with these ‘devices’ that people demand is their ‘right’. This doesn’t even begin to touch the emotional and psychological impact it has on the loved ones of those who are killed or injured.

Even with common sense laws against their use, people continue to cause horrific damage with them.

There is nothing in the Constitution about these damn devices and the Founding Fathers could never have envisioned these things.

Until these things came along, deaths in this category in the US were decreasing, but since their introduction, every year more people die or are injured because of their reckless use.

We keep hearing about the toll they take, keep seeing them glorified in tv shows and movies, yet the do-nothing politicians only pay lip-service to the idea of passing common-sense laws.

We see the deaths and horrific injuries these things cause every day in the news.
    We them in the hands of children and in schools.
    We see them used on tv and movies.
    We see that their manufactures are just in it for the money.
    We can’t wait for the politicians or their corporate donors to do something.

We have to do something now.
    Please join me in calling for a ban….

on Smartphones

These things are ruining lives, are dangerous when used improperly and are just goddamned rude. Look up from the screen and interact with real people and the real world.

PAY ATTENTION
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Hell no I don't agree
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

You've got one life. Blaze on!