Thread: Tree Tubes

Default Tree Tubes

Any local sources that sells tree tubes? I'm talking anywhere in the midlands or towards the beach.

Tubex? Order offline

I don't know of anyone local. Someone else may know more but Forestry Suppliers I'm pretty sure carries them in different sizes. Not sure on pricing and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Hallman farms in little mountain
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Hallman farms in little mountain
    This. Was there last week. I already had the tubes but I got the stakes from them.

Another vote for Hallman Farms in Little Mountain. I bought all my tree tubes there. Supporting the local guy and his prices were better than buying online.

Was by there yesterday and Kenny is knowledgeable and will take the time to speak with you regarding your project. Buy local!
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Hallman farms in little mtn is far from local to me.

Tractor supply or a local nursery?

I have a buddy who plants trees regularly and I think he orders his online, not sure of the source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought these off spec tubes recently and they work fine. Best bang for your buck.

https://www.treeprotectionsupply.com...tube-hot-sale/

Someone above linked to 3 foot tubes. Don't buy 3 foot tubes. I have 4 and 5 foot tubes. I will use only 5 foot going forward. All my chestnuts in 4 foot tubes were topped last year. Every. Single. One. Hopefully they will live. I personally like the Plantra tubes. If you buy in bulk with stakes, they will send you a nifty pole driver. Beats the pants off of a mallet and half inch conduit, which is what I used to do.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Someone above linked to 3 foot tubes. Don't buy 3 foot tubes. I have 4 and 5 foot tubes. I will use only 5 foot going forward. All my chestnuts in 4 foot tubes were topped last year. Every. Single. One. Hopefully they will live. I personally like the Plantra tubes. If you buy in bulk with stakes, they will send you a nifty pole driver. Beats the pants off of a mallet and half inch conduit, which is what I used to do.
    I saw those off spec tubes a while back and decided not to go with the 3 ft ones. That sucks about the chestnuts getting topped. Hopefully they will come back if you change the tubes out.

I've always used 5ft. I had one that I removed the tube from after a grass fire got too close. Within 2 weeks the bucks had rubbed it so hard, I'm doubtful it will come back this year.

As for the question, maybe a local nursery. I have ordered from the website above. They also sell the tubex ones on amazon. 50 for $200. Not sure about smaller quantities.

They make a blue one that is a flat sheet that you roll yourself. It's a good bit cheaper. But the reviews are sketchy. My experience is if you put all the time into it, you're better off not skimping on stakes and tubes. I skimped on the stakes the first time and lost alot due to rotten sticks falling over and killing the trees.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 03-08-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Here are some of my 5’ tubes on Chestnut trees. Fresh deer tracks around them but they haven’t nipped any of the tree buds off.

I used concrete wire on some of my older trees.