Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teachers

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Mine is 16 years in. It gets worse when you let em pack up and get to talkin about it.
    Or let another teacher get a new car, it’s like the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by EdistoRiver614 View Post
    Many times a day I think to myself, "I feel bad for these ladies husbands".
    I've got a couple of buddies that are married to em too, we get together ever so often, give the women the house and several bottles of wine and go outside and drink bourbon and smoke cigars. It's like a support group

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Or let another teacher get a new car, it’s like the end of the world.
    You ain't even shittin.....

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Mine is 16 years in. It gets worse when you let em pack up and get to talkin about it.
    We are having a few over for dinner tonight that teach with my wife. I usually make it 30 minutes before I go outside and sit by the fire pit alone with the dog.

The good news is they are all “so exhausted” and go home early.

im not sure which one i would be more fearful of........

having my child in a classroom with a teacher that has taken an 8hr CWP class and now feels qualified to have a gun in a classroom of 20-25 students.....

OR

having my child in a classroom with a teacher that didnt feel comfortable enough to have a gun in the classroom....

I like the idea of it being an option, but it takes a certain type of person with the right skills, mindset, and experience to be qualified to carry a gun daily, and keep it safe during the 99.999999% of the time that its not required..... i dont think this should be something we EXPECT our teachers to do....... BUT, if the teacher, administrator, janitor, IT guy, or anyone else at the school wishes to take on that responsibility, i feel like they should be provided with the PROPER training to do so.

ya know, it takes a special person to be a teacher just like it takes a special person to chase after an armed robber while getting shot at and some 28 years later still be criticizing the teachers that decided to stay out the way of the boolets.

very similar to the other thread. Griffin's comment about when the shit hits the fan and how people react.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Paint with a broad brush much?
    I suppose it was a bit broad. But a roomful if teachers would not go to the police station to do the line up. We were told they were scared of retribution.
    And I know a few teachers thast would cut some butt. I know too many afraid of guns. Of ciurse one is too many. Then I know another thast is going to get her cwp. I wish more would but I think they need more training than the cwp class supposedly provides.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.