Thread: Why is it always an AR?

Default Why is it always an AR?

We were talking last night and the question of why are these mass shootings always (maybe not always but seems like lately they all have been) done with an AR instead of an AK or something similar? I ran and made a new tin foil hat after this came up but I still find it interesting.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Because they know nothing about guns and the media has led these nut jobs to believe that the AR-15 is the ultimate killing machine, it's also the preferred weapon on their video games. You could do a helluva lot more damage, IMO, in a setting like a school with an SBE with an extended mag tube full of #4 buck.......

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Because they know nothing about guns and the media has led these nut jobs to believe that the AR-15 is the ultimate killing machine, it's also the preferred weapon on their video games. You could do a helluva lot more damage, IMO, in a setting like a school with an SBE with an extended mag tube full of #4 buck.......
    The SBE will jam after 2 shots. It’s not as reliable as a China made AR made in a basement

I'm pretty sure pistols are most commonly used in "mass shootings."

Cut down Saiga 12 with a 25 round drum during class change or fire drill. Let us be honest. From a tactical standpoint, I would come in as "the grey man" or parent, then shoot the SRO first then office personnel. Then go into the hallway. Lately, it has been one shooter. Could you imagine 2? I say this because things could get very ugly in a situation like that and LE is in a bad place.

As I watched the swat team work in Florida, I couldn't imagine what they had to go through. All you have to go on is a burgundy shirt and black pants. Kids are freaking out.

Virginia Tech was two pistols, one shooter, 32 dead, 17 injured. I have not seen this event discussed much if at all in the current debate.
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

Quote Originally Posted by Highcotton View Post
    Cut down Saiga 12 with a 25 round drum during class change or fire drill. Let us be honest. From a tactical standpoint, I would come in as "the grey man" or parent, then shoot the SRO first then office personnel. Then go into the hallway. Lately, it has been one shooter. Could you imagine 2? I say this because things could get very ugly in a situation like that and LE is in a bad place.

As I watched the swat team work in Florida, I couldn't imagine what they had to go through. All you have to go on is a burgundy shirt and black pants. Kids are freaking out.
    Yep, when one of these nuts figures out the lethality of buckshot in these situations it’ll be much worse.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Spot on.

You fools. If they ban the bumpstockAR15highcapacitymagclipglockassaultrifle, it's over for these murderous bastards. The govt will have shown them they are not playing around. I am disappointed in ye of little faith.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 02-21-2018 at 09:01 AM.

There are a ton of AR's out there. They've always been favored in the us over Kalashnikov-based firearms and other platforms, largely due to their commonality with the US military use. They are cheap, relatively (although there are some inexpensive AK options)... and even cheaper now that Trump is in office (all those outlets, afraid of a Clinton victory and possible restrictions, loaded up on stockpiles to sell in a post-election "rush" and now have to drop prices to liquidate).

I agree with the shotgun comments... and you don't need a Saiga.

This would be a bad thing to run across. And you know drums aren't far from coming out.

http://www.mossberg.com/new-590m-mag-fed-pump-action/

https://www.remington.com/shotguns/p...70-dm-tactical
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Why the AR? Have you seen the video game these kids play? What weapon is always on the tv when the liberals are talking gun control? And these are kids- impressionable kids- that are not educated. What weapon do you think they would use after some research on maximum destruction?

the kel tec ksg25 holds 25 rounds of 2 3/4" or 40 rounds of the 1 1/2" in a bullpup design-

When I was younger, the Golden Gun was the baddest mother around. That or the Moonraker.

I was having this exact conversation with a coworker yesterday. A shotgun is capable of serious damage in a situation where groups of people are involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because on any news source all you see is "AR-15", so an individual with not a clue will go buy one of those. It's their fault...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    When I was younger, the Golden Gun was the baddest mother around. That or the Moonraker.
    Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 was the shiz

AR-15s are cheap and plentiful in the US unlike AKs. But they still don't account for near the amount of deaths as handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    AR-15s are cheap and plentiful in the US unlike AKs. But they still don't account for near the amount of deaths as handguns.
    This. They are cheap now compared to 20 years ago. Back then it was sks and ak’s from gunshows and importers.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Why is it always a mentally ill person
    You've got one life. Blaze on!