Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/22 ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I've got one and it's one of my favorite guns. It sounds like a dry fire when you shoot except for the delayed sound of the bullet hitting. Gemtech Mist-22. (Mist is a terrible name for a gun part.)
    I have not been lucky enough to shoot one, but have looked at several online.

10-22s will likely outlast original owners and their kids. I am still kicking myself for passing up a 10-22 with laminated stock several years back at the Springfield Flea Market. Over the years I have purchased a couple Marlin lever guns there, a 22 and just found a New England break down 12 gage that looked new unfired a couple months back that screamed at me when I went by to take "him" home and I did.
    Distinguished Rifleman High Power & Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), US Palma & Dewar Teams , Formerly US Army Picatinny Arsenal Small Cal Wpns Lab, Spec Projects Group Dover Devil Cal 50 Machinegun , Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Prov Gnd, Member Int Wound Ballistics Assn., consultant to Fed Law Enf Tng Ctr, Glynco, US Border Pat, Defense Crim Inv Service, Army Munitions and Chem Cmd, Army Wound Ballistics Lab, NRA Life 1972, AC4HT, Firefighter 1, Shriner

Build a trainer. Get a good barrel and a good trigger. Put glass on it with turrets and start shooting 2-300 yards with it it will teach you how to judge wind in a hurry. The best shooter I have ever seen shot 1000 rounds a week through a 10-22 in his basement. Said it helped him with trigger control and follow through. Apparently it worked well
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.