Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball

Default College Baseball

For those that follow in-state college baseball, I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible throughout the year.

Clemson 45-14
    USC 32-24
    CCU 42-17
    C of C 36-19
    Last edited by CoachHunter; 05-27-2018 at 09:33 PM.

What’s your opinion on the Gamecocks? Holbrook always recruited at a high level. I never understood why he couldn’t seem to quite get over the hump and get them back to Omaha. What are Kingston’s biggest hurdles this season?

Curious about the unknowns for Clemson? Not a smartass question really curious. Haven't kept up with the off season. I know a little of the outfield battles that's it.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by The Assassin View Post
    What’s your opinion on the Gamecocks? Holbrook always recruited at a high level. I never understood why he couldn’t seem to quite get over the hump and get them back to Omaha. What are Kingston’s biggest hurdles this season?
    That's because he wouldn't play small ball

Clemson probably grades out as above average position player-wise. Seth Beer may end up winning all kinds of awards if gen stays healthy. Their starting pitching seems to be the biggest question mark for the year.

Holbrook knows the game of baseball and recruited fine. It almost seemed like players played so uptight for him. It was strange. He gave off a "laid back" vibe that didn't sit well with Carolina fans. They had much more talent than his record showed, so he was let go.

As a CCU grad and ex-player, it was good to see Coastal get off to a strong start. Still another game tomorrow against Indiana to finish out the Baseball at the Beach tournament before playing CofC midweek.

Citadel 1-2. Beat George Mason Friday, Lost to Louisville Saturday and lost to Richmond today.
    Bah! Humbug!

After Adam Hill (who lost Friday night), their starting pitching is also a concern for USC. Ridge Chapman had a strong start today, touching 98 mph in the 1st inning. The biggest hurdle just seems to be mental. They won't be the most talented team in the SEC, but Kingston should get them to play harder than Holbrook did.

Thanks. Didn't check them. (Citadel)
    Last edited by CoachHunter; 02-18-2018 at 09:06 PM.

The Citadel has a new coach as well, will be interested to see how things go.... unfortunately the rise of CofC over the last decade really hurt The Citadel.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Holbrook was more of a big brother to those guys than coach/authoritarian. Kingston will get the most out of them, but they have some work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    That's because he wouldn't play small ball
    Oh dear God.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Oh dear God.......
    Say what you want. I watched the Coots lose games from lack of small ball. So what's your take potato?
    Last edited by coot nasty; 02-18-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Bunty McBuntface knows different, mmmkkkk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

You don’t wanna know my “take”.....

Carolina played like shit the first game...did you watch the last two???

My cousin is Sawyer Bridges at USC. Really glad to see him come back from his shoulder injury last season and have a strong outing yesterday. After his injury he was told he’d probably never pitch again. The new pitching coach has really helped him with his pitching technique, where it’s not working his shoulder as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gacorbett View Post
    Carolina played like shit the first game...did you watch the last two???

Who are you asking? I didn't get to watch any games this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachHunter View Post
    Who are you asking? I didn't get to watch any games this weekend.
    I was curious as well.

Clemson’s bullpen was the big issue last year against the good teams . As soon as anyone besides Hennessy had to come in, we got beat up. That being said, I imagine some of those guys from the bullpen are now starters...worries me

“To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.”

20180216_193447.jpg

Carolina's hitters left way too many standing Friday, but Gilreath is a 17 yr. Old stud on the hill. He looked good in relief. Honestly thought Taylor tied the game up in the 9th, but the wind had laid down and he hit to straight away center, and came up about 3 feet short...