Thread: My “hunts for Tripp” pics...

Default My “hunts for Tripp” pics...

The first Saturday after one of the 6 people on this planet that I put in the category of “My Best Friends” ...Tripp “rock-n-rye” Meyers...had passed, I went out and hunted and dedicated the hunt to him. I took a relatively new friend that doesn’t have much access, and he probably feels like he knew Tripp after spending the entire day...30 minutes before first light till sunset...listening to the stories about Rock that I had to tell. We scratched four Greenheads out of 25-30 groups of 2-20 that gave us a look. We never went 30 minutes without trying to work some ducks, and they all gave us a look and several passes, but only a few committed to our set-up. There was a time between the excitement of first light/legal and the first wave of ducks we tried to coax in that I looked to the heavens and talked to Tripp; I don’t think God lets conversations from earth taint the wonder that His children are experiencing in Heaven, but just in case, I had my say. As I said my peace, I noticed this...while it’s certainly not his signature, I could see “tripp” in a very groovy, artistic way...”with 2 Ps,” as he was so fond of saying. Yup. So I hung out in that creek, scratched out what birds I could, drank the closest thing to Rock-N-Rye I could find up here, and thought about how damn much I wished he was with me. Here are the pics of that day.

I love you Tripp...I will miss you till I see you again, Brother!
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 02-18-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

;
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 02-18-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Damn right!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Good stuff!

Well done...

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Good deal!!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I don’t think God let’s conversations from earth taint the wonder that His children are experiencing in Heaven
    This has to be the most profound statement I have read on this site to date. I'm truly sorry for the loss of your friend.

Great thread.

RIP R&R
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I never met him but we talked a couple of times about my stand up 650/SX Kawasaki. Seems he kept telling me he had a old 550 under his house he needed to get out and fix up. Good stuff and God Bless him and his family.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

DD, we’d often play guitar as the sun set right on through until the sun was rising. On more than one occasion, be it rise or set, when the Wateree was quiet and absolute glass, Tripp would put his axe down and jump on that stand up jet ski and go. He’d get so jacked up about hitting that perfect plane where he was leaning forward just right and he’d say it was like there was nothing there but him and the lake...like he was just standing up flying across the surface. He tried to get me to figure it out, but I never was good enough on it to block it out and be one with the water like he could...I wish I coulda experienced what he did on that thing, because it sure as heck cranked-his-scooter.

good stuff.

a few of us toasted tripp the other night at a place we all had spent time together hunting ducks. it felt right.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.